Sensory FUN

This has been a packed week full of fun, school, teaching, medical clinics, new friends and new activities. Whew, OK, I'm tired. LOL. But, earlier this week we had fun playing with shaving cream on the table. Neither one of my kids have done this (to my knowledge anyway) but the both had a BLAST, as you can see by the smile on little Miss Ecrissa's face. :) There was shaving cream every where, they loved getting it all over their hands and arms. Jaryse showed me that he could build a mountain out of shaving cream and beware of the picture below, because it's the scary shaving cream monster-GRRRRRRRRRRRR


The picture below is a picture of Ecrissa with her new friend Guerline. Guerline is a young lady who lives here in Port au Prince that I met at the free medical/dental clinic that I help with every week. Guerline came into the clinic needing dental work, and they needed a translator, not for Kreyol, but for Sign Language. Guerline is deaf and uses ASL to communicate. This is the same Sign that Ecrissa and I are learning. I stumbled through, but we understood each other. She lip reads Kreyol, which I can sorta speak too, but it's very difficult for me to sign with my hands and speak kreyol with my mouth, all the while thinking in English in my brain. WHOOOOOOO, too many languages for this woman. I found myself stumbling over my hands, lips and brain. Anyway, Guerline is going to come and play with Ecrissa every week. This was our first week and I am looking forward to Ecrissa having another person to communicate with. I could really see Ecrissa's face light up at the notion of having someone else that she could talk to and communicate with her. Having Guerline around will force me and Ecrissa to use our signs more, it will help me become more fluent in sign language as well as help Ecrissa become more fluent. We are trying very hard and hopefully this will just be one more thing to make learning fun for all of us. Ecrissa enjoyed her time with Guerline today and even cried when she left. I think this will be a fun thing for Ecrissa to add to her weekly schedule. Plus be beneficial to her academic and language learning.



We are off to Jacmel in the morning for our monthly therapy program in Jacmel. Fun pics to follow.

luvs and hugs from Haiti

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

H E A L T H

Overwhelmed with gratitude!

Processing adoption!