I try to be strong and independent............

But when it comes to killing a spider the size of the one above, I FAIL. I get the chills just looking at that picture. This is not a joke, this is the real spider that was in my house today.

Ok, so the story goes like this. I was putting away some donated splints and braces and such when all of a sudden, I saw this spider. I jumped about a half a mile, but thought to myself, through the shaking and immediate sweating "ok, I can do this, I can kill this spider without freaking out". BIG FAT WRONG. As soon as I sprayed the silly thing with bug killer stuff, he went running and so did I. I was shaking like a leaf. I immediately called my neighbor who came over laughing at me. NOT FUNNY. This spider is HUGE. He proceeded to easily spray the thing to death and then chase me into my car with it all the while laughing at me. Don't you agree that this spider is HUGE??????? Yes, funny, NOT. I never want to see another one of these crazy things again. Ok, well the realistic part is that the longer I am here in Haiti, the more likely it is that I'll see another one, but I hope it's not for a REEEEEAAAAALLLLLY long time. I don't care if they eat mosquitoes----so do geckos, and they are much cuter, smaller and not as hairy. :)


More soon.

luvs from Haiti

Comments

Pye's In Haiti said…
I thought this was hilarious!!! I do it all the time at my house. I yell for one of my boys to come quickly...they always are laughing at me. I tell them that's the only reason I keep them, to kill the spiders! Which makes them harder!!
Jessica said…
i'm impressed that you even attempted to spray it yourself...yikes. we had THREE in our house when i was at COTP. i defintely stood far away taking pictures while someone else killed it!
cdeblaeij said…
wow, cheri kay.
I don't blame you for calling your neighbor. those hairy beasts are NOT my friend either!!
Liles Family said…
Oh my goodness......that is so YUCKY!!!!!!!!! I guess you could have kept it up there for a good Halloween decoration. I am sure people here in the states would pay a lot of money for something that life like! I would have run screaming too. ah... yuck!
Anonymous said…
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh! i would have peed my pants!!!!

Mia
Big Al, the gal said…
I'm so afraid of that spider. When I first looked at that pic I thought you were decorating for Halloween. Oh my gosh. I am very uncomfortable even though:
1. the spider is already dead
2. I am all the way in CA

I have the shivers. I am sweating too. I don't know how you lived through that. I would have hollered, "Take me now, Lord!" and fallen down dead.

New decision: I must never ever be alone in Haiti. Nuts to kidnappers, I just don't want to encounter one a hairy eight legged monster! I'd scream like the girl in the Thriller video.

Popular posts from this blog

H E A L T H

Overwhelmed with gratitude!

Processing adoption!