H E A L T H

I am back!!! LOL!  It's been awhile since I've done any blogging!  When I looked at the last blog entry, it was 9 days before I left for China to pick up my baby girl!  I guess things got a little to busy to keep up with blogging....to say the least.  Thinking back, I remember that last week and a half.  I was a tornado of emotions, the list of things on my "to do" list was longer than the Mackinaw Bridge and I had no idea how much my life was going to change! I have to admit, I have loved being a momma of three!  I seriously believe that I am the luckiest person in the entire world.

I really do like blogging.  It's good for me.  It helps me process some of the crazy in my life.  Believe me, as a single full time working momma of three kids with some special and unique needs, things can get a little crazy around here.

The thing that I have been thinking about lately is HEALTH.  I mean, it seems so simple and yet it is so complicated.  Physical health, mental health, emotional health, spiritual health, family health, and I am sure there are more types of health that I don't even know about.  They say: eat this, don't eat this, drink this, do this exercise, use this supplement, don't breathe the polluted air, take deep breaths and relax, read this, sleep this much but not that much, no tv before bed, wear this type of clothing, use these oils, don't use that oil, listen to this music, read this many minutes a day, etc., etc.  Oh my goodness I can't keep up!  So, I drink diet coke and eat chocolate, I am pretty sure that is what keeps me happy and healthy!!!! LOL!

So, I've decided I am going to spend some time processing this topic.  I am not a super UNhealthy person and yet, I don't believe that I am as healthy as I can be.  But, where do I start?

Proverbs 17:22 seems like a good place to start!

A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.

I am no scholar, but I am pretty sure there is not a right or wrong place to start.  But, when I came across Proverbs 17:22, it was sort of a "yep that's it" moment.  My heart. Working from the inside out. So, do I start with my physical heart? My emotional heart? My spiritual heart?  Does health equal happiness?  Or is it the other way around?  Tonight, I am going to think, pray, and sleep on this verse. I don't know it all, but what I do know, is that even though I wouldn't TRADE my life for anything, a CHANGE for better health  will be for the benefit of my kids and myself.  I think a bit of focus on how I eat and what I eat is important, however, I truly think that the biggest thing is to make changes that improve my ability to be a good momma. The stress in my life.  The exhaustion that I feel from trying to do it all. The fears that I hold onto. The guilt of not being perfect.  The failures that I hold onto daily.  These things prevent my heart from being as cheerful as God created it to be.  These things prevent my heart from enjoying to the fullest the amazing life that God has set aside for me. I know that God has something bigger for me than all of this focusing on what I am not.  I believe that what God wants for me, is to focus on all that He made me to be!  And, in the meantime......I'm going to continue to hang out with Diet Coke and Chocolate! :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Overwhelmed with gratitude!

Processing adoption!