Moving forward and enjoying life!

Ok, so after my last couple weeks of being really sad that there are so many problems with our adoption and stuff, I have vowed to move forward and enjoy life. I will no longer live for "when we go home", I am living for today! Ok, so to be honest, I have vowed this about a million times, but this time I MEAN IT!!!!!!!!!!!

I started with a day at the beach! Well, it was sort of the beach. One of the ladies that I know at the school has a house on the water, but the "beach" is all rocks! The water was clear and beautiful, I almost forgot it was Haiti--except, I didn't! LOL!

The kids had a wonderful time playing in the water and the "sand/rocks"! They are both doing such a great job in the water, putting themselves under water and swimming underwater for a couple of feet! I am amazed at both of my little fish!

Then, I got to try my hand at some minor surgery! Last week, I assisted my friend that is a doctor here in a circumcision, and he let me do 2 other surgeries (with his very close assisting of course, and actually he had to step in and help with one!


I struggled through the first one with the stitches, but the second one was MUCH better! Here is a picture of the finished product!!! LOL!!!! Ok, so I am no surgical resident, but I figured this type of thing is what every good Physical Therapist should be doing--Right??? :)


Lastly, I took the kids and myself to a dental clinic where Ecrissa and myself got our teeth cleaned. Jaryse was terrified, so we didn't pressure him. He'll get his done the next time that we go. Ecrissa was AMAZING!!!!! She sat on my belly while I was getting mine done (Jaryse was too afraid to get very close!) and she just thought it was so fun. As soon as I was done she climbed in the chair and opened her mouth!!!! And, like a bad mommy, I forgot my camera!!! Can you believe it, her first teeth cleaning and I forgot my camera--bad mommy, bad!

Well, more later!

Comments

Jessica said…
seriously miss those kids of yours...(and you too, of course ;) )
Big Al, the gal said…
Way to go! Keep it up! Give it to God and don't take it back. I feel I can give that advice to you since it's hard for me as with you. I did it. And I pray every hour that God will continue to give me the strength and wisdom to not take it back. And He does! God bless you!

BTW, did you get my latest update? We might be seeing you soon!
-Al

Popular posts from this blog

H E A L T H

Overwhelmed with gratitude!

Processing adoption!