Idoris

So much has happened the past week, it'll take a couple of posts to catch you all up on it!!! LOL!!! The internet is not working well enough right now to upload all of the pics that I want to share with you, so I am going to do more later! Anyway, this is Idoris. The baby that I have talked about that was abandoned at the hospital up north. He has severe disabilities and has been living in a hospital bed with minimal care provided to him. I finally was able to coordinate the transfer of him from the hospital to an orphanage in Jacmel where he'll be cared for and loved! Last Friday, I drove with my kids and my friend Heather up to Des Chappelles where the hospital is located and brought him back to Port au Prince with me. That was quite a day! 3 hours of driving north, 3 hours to get him out of the hospital, and 3 hours driving south again!!!!

He stayed the night with me and on Saturday morning, the kids, my friend Denise and I drove him to Jacmel. He was such a good little man, and Jaryse loved him. He kept wanting to hold his bottle and kiss him on the head. He was such a cute "big brother" for a day!!!

We got him to the orphanage that afternoon where there are only 14 children with a ratio of about 3 children per nanny, which is much better than the average of about 10-20 in most orphanages in Port au Prince. I am going to have him on my schedule for our Jacmel program and will be in close contact with the orphanage director and his doctor that will be treating him. I have already spoken with the doctor once and I will do his therapy for him each month when I go to Jacmel. He's a sweet baby and I hope we can one day at a time bring more and more quality to his little precious life. Please keep this adorable baby in your prayers!



Comments

Anonymous said…
DANG!! I miss that kid!! He's soooooo beautiful!!!!!!! Idoris is a-dor-ab-le...

Popular posts from this blog

H E A L T H

Overwhelmed with gratitude!

Processing adoption!