Vacation...

So, the past few days have been pretty relaxing. With no school, no clinic and no therapy clinics (well, except that Ashley came for a therapy session yesterday, which went really well, I'll tell you more about that later!), we have just been hanging out, playing with new toys and watching cartoons! The kids have really enjoyed the time off and so have I. These pictures were taken on Christmas day of the kids' first attempt at roller skating (that's why Ecrissa has shorts over her pajama's. She kept putting on her new clothes OVER her pajamas, at one point she had her MSU jersey on too!). They LOVE their new roller skates! I ordered the adjustable roller skates for them for Christmas and they have been doing such a good job. both of them can stand by themselves and even move from point A to point B (although, not that smoothly!). They have both taken a couple of falls, but are troopers and get right back up! I sometimes feel bad that they don't have all the things that I had while I was growing up. I had a huge yard with trees and swings and bikes and go-carts, we could go sledding, ice skating, etc. I am happy though that these two sweet hearts do not have to live in an orphanage, they are not starving anymore and they are healthy and growing! I am thankful that I was chosen to be their mommy.

Yesterday, Ashley came by. During the weeks that school is in session, her family has a very difficult time getting her to see me. Haiti is a very difficult place and so we just do the best that we can. So, even though it's my vacation, I was more than thrilled to see little Ashley yesterday and also to make an appointment to see her on Wed. She is doing great! Her family has kept up with the exercises that I have given them, even though we actually haven't had a session in a couple of months, Ashley has made progress! This is what it's all about! Teaching families how to care for their child and watching the family and the child progress!!!! It's not about me and my hands, it's about teaching! Giving information to and empowering families! Giving them hope! Seeing Ashley was such an encouragement to me yesterday. I have been struggling with frustrations, loneliness, sadness, fear and feelings of lack of worth, but seeing that one little girl, her smile and her improvements, renewed me just a bit! I am not ready to give up. Even if I help only one little girl make small improvements, it's worth it! I love how God uses the smallest things to bring us back and show us that we are important to him and that our actions mean something to Him and to His Kingdom
Thanks for your prayers and loving support

Comments

Pye's In Haiti said…
Praise God! Glad things are looking up.

Your kids might not be sledding right now, but I bet more people are jealous that it's a nice 70 down here right now instead of -13.
Liles Family said…
Wow, look at that girl go! She has come SO far since the first time I met her. God is an amazing healer!

Popular posts from this blog

H E A L T H

Overwhelmed with gratitude!

Processing adoption!