In Haiti.........

......without a passport. Yep, I'm feeling a little weird about this! Not that I have any plans to travel but, I have to admit, I feel a little strange being in this country without my American Passport! No don't worry! I haven't been stripped of my American citizenship or anything, I am just getting my passport re-newed! It was going to expire so last Monday I spent the morning in the US Consulate applying for a new passport. For the most part, everything went really smooth and I'll get to pick up my new passport on December 29th. Jaryse went with me while Ecrissa was in school. He was such a good boy and such a ham! He had all of the other people in the American Citizens part of the consulate cracking up. He talked to everyone, showed them the "Ella Dance" (you have to see Ella Enchanted, Jaryse's favorite movie if you want to know what I am talking about!!! LOL), and he even colored a picture with the crayons and coloring book that I brought for him for the little boy that was sitting across from us. He shared his little toys with the boy also. I was very proud of him! As hard as things are here in Haiti, I am sure blessed with 2 amazing kids!!!!

So, only one more week of feeling a bit lost without my passport! I am reminding myself that it doesn't really matter cause I am not leaving and that I never have to use the thing anyway, but that still doesn't seem to settle my occasional thoughts of "oh yea, I don't have a passport!!!!" Anyway, I am looking forward to sharing Christmas morning pictures with you this week! Have a wonderful week!

Sincerely
Cheri Kay, Ecrissa and Jaryse

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

H E A L T H

Overwhelmed with gratitude!

Processing adoption!