A day in the life.......

It's just been pretty normal around here lately. Well, as normal as Haiti gets any way. Sometimes I am a bit nervous at how "normal" all of this is to me. I haven't' left this country in 15 months (most missionaries leave for a few weeks a couple of times a year, or a few months once a year). I am a bit concerned that I do not take notice to the masses of people urinating in public, or the fact that telephone wires are jumbled balls of live wires, or that I only notice the REALLY strong weird smells that are every where in this country. I also think that a good road is one that my car can at least make it through without four wheel drive. Hopefully, when I do get to travel back to the states, I won't have a meltdown from culture shock!!!!!
We have had a pretty good week. Filled with the normal ups and downs and happy and sad moments and those inevitable moments of sibling fights! But, this week, my little girl really made me laugh. We had Taco Salad, and during dinner she was signing "tree". I was looking all over for a tree. I wasn't sure what she was talking about. Then, she pointed to the lettuce, she wanted more lettuce, didn't know the sign for lettuce, and figured TREE was the best she could do! That made me giggle! First, I am so proud of her for using her signs, even when it's difficult, and second, what an amazing little girl, to be able to use her brain and think of something that is "close" to what she wants. She also has been asking for things by their color if she doesn't know the sign for the object. She really is learning!

I had to put a really cute pic of my little man, because the 2 to follow are ones that will make him really dislike me someday, but they are sooooooooooooooooooooo funny! In the Pre-K class, they have dress up clothes and I was in there helping with a project last week. All of a sudden, I turn around and see my beautiful son wearing all of these amazing dress up clothes! He was having so much fun and I couldn't help but take some pictures!!!!!!






It doesn't get much cuter than that!!!!!!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

H E A L T H

Overwhelmed with gratitude!

Processing adoption!