Ups and downs....prayers please!

Today was one of those days.  When going through an adoption there are so many emotions.  Sometimes, many emotions in one day!  The day started with such amazing friends and family support.  I am so very grateful for this.  I had tears of joy due to the amazing love and support that I have found in all of my friends and family.  If it weren't for that, well, I'd be a puddle of a mess right now.

Remember I told you that I needed to trust.  Well, we are in a test right now!  I just got an email and subsequent phone conversations that it appears that something has happened to an ENTIRE package of documents needed to process the adoption.  I don't know what happened to it.  No worries, it can all be re-done, fixed, etc, but 2 weeks have been wasted.  Everyone was waiting on everyone and now, the package seems to be missing. Right now, I am grieving those 2 weeks. I am trying not to focus on how we just lost 2 weeks with our baby that my arms are aching to hold, but to turn my eyes to the Lord.  I know God knows where these documents are.  I know that this too is part of His perfect timing. I am reminded of how many things were lost, expired and had to be re-done during my first adoption and how He worked it all out. This is probably the first big test of this process and I am determined to pass it!  I am going to go to bed and sleep tonight.  I am going to give this to the Lord (and not take it back 5 seconds later)!  These tests are no fun, but I said at the beginning of this journey that I am getting the opportunity to show what I've learned and how I've grown since starting the adoption of Ecrissa and Jaryse and so I WILL!  I am praising Him tonight!

And here is the PRAISE:  So, today I prayed for an update.  Like I said, it's been 2 weeks.  I thought they had it, they were waiting for it.  But, today, I prayed "please let today be the day of an update".  I, of course, was meaning a positive update, but HE answered!  He didn't allow 3 weeks to go by, or 4 or 5 or more.  He answered my prayers today!  I am so grateful that He still answers prayers today!  This I will rejoice and I will sleep well knowing that God has this adoption all timed out!

Will you please join me in prayer that God will continue to protect us.  That the documents will be found and that things will move forward at a pace that could only be described as miraculous!  Thanks so much!

Luvs and hugs!

Comments

Unknown said…
Awww. I'm so sorry for this frustration, but LOVE the way you are growing to trust God even more through it. I will join you in praying they find the documents!

Popular posts from this blog

H E A L T H

Overwhelmed with gratitude!

Processing adoption!