Trust

One of the many lessons I learned through my first adoption process is to TRUST GOD!  Wow, that one is a tough one!!!!  I have to trust on so many levels.  

Trust that He is calling me to do this crazy thing called adoption
Trust that I am even near good enough to parent these precious kids
Trust that HIS timing is best
Trust that He will provide
Trust....
Trust....
Trust.....

This time around I feel that I am doing better!  I have so much more peace with all of my decisions.  When I do start to feel anxious, I am quicker to stop and talk to Him, rather than frantically try to 'fix' the situation that is making me anxious.  

I mean, He made this crazy crew a family and if He wants to add to it, I'm pretty sure He knows how to do that too!!!!



Finances are a source of anxiety for me on a daily basis!  I work hard to provide as much as I can for the kids.  There are things that we don't have, but that is ok.  It's actually good.  I don't think that it is good for me or the kids to feel that just because we want it, we get it.  

Finances for the adoption are tight!  No surprises there!  I am brainstorming different ways of fundraising and such.  I have a few grant applications that I am going to send out, I've thought of the typical yardsale, etc.  I have come up with a couple of ideas that I have kicked off.

First, Just Love Coffee!  If you click on this link


You will find our storefront!  A part of the proceeds come to us to help support our adoption.  Another part of the proceeds go to help the farmer who grew the coffee beans in a developing county!  Super fun!!!!  Check it out!


Second.  I just want to let you know that I make and sell "I Love You" ornaments!  


These ornaments either hang with magnets on the back or with a sting to hang on a hook or Christmas tree.  These are $4 each!  Just send me a message, email, call, Facebook or whatever and we'll find a way to get them to you!

So, that is what I've come up with so far.  Do you know people who have adopted and have raised money?  Did you adopt and raise some funds?  What were your favorite fundraisers?  What are the ones that you are most likely to participate in?  Which ones worked the best for you? 

Let me know!  

And for now, I'm TRUSTING that God already knows where each and every dollar for this adoption and for our family will come from!  

Have an awesome night!



Comments

Heather said…
Two ideas:
- have friends donate items/services and then auction them off online - having some competition drove prices up:) plus it was so fun!
- Easter baskets
- clothing party. A friend had gently used clothing items and accessories donated and then had a fun party with fancy appetizers and people bought the clothing

Popular posts from this blog

H E A L T H

Overwhelmed with gratitude!

Processing adoption!