I Love this DAY!!!


Good Morning!  It's my FAVORITE day of the year!!!  Today is March 12!  Why is that day so important?  Well, 6 years ago today, I boarded a plane and brought my two Haitian Angels to the U.S.A!  This was a day that I had DREAMED about for 4.5 years.  I had sorta begun to think that it was never going to happen.  I had sorta given up, but you know what.....God never gives up!  That is why this day means so much to me.


 I remember the feeling of walking into the airport with my babies and all of our luggage and our PILE of paperwork.  I remember how perfectly well behaved they were.  I remember feeling sad.  Sad to be leaving the country that had become my home for 3 years.  Sad to leave the friends that had become my family.  Sad to leave the culture that I had come to love.  Sad to leave the food, the heat, the smells of home.

I was embarking on a whole new journey of parenthood.  I was scared that I wouldn't know how to be a mom in the States.  Even though I had grown up in the States and lived most of my life there, I had only been a parent in Haiti.  Did I know how to be a Mom in the States?  We were also starting all of the medical tests and procedures for Ecrissa.  We were entering into the amazing world of Deaf Culture in the States, meeting tons of new people, starting new schools, and meeting extended family for the first time.

I remember sitting on the airplane feeling like I was in a dream.  I remember not really thinking to much except how beautiful and amazing my children are, until hearing the pilot welcome us to Miami and giving us the time.  That is when I started crying.  My babies were actually in America.  I squeezed them both with tears streaming down my face.


YES, all of that is amazing, but the truth is March 12 is my favorite day because it is a day that I remember God's faithfulness, protections, provisions and love for us.  This day reminds me on a very real level that even though I had no idea what day (if ever!) I would board that plane with my lovies, God did.  He did not abandon me through the struggles.  He did not leave me when I became discouraged.  He did not ignore my fears.  He protected. He provided. He loved unconditionally.

I love this day!  I love the feelings that come over me and how all day long I feel the memories of that day 6 years ago.  It feels like yesterday!  I am so thankful for this day.

Now, I look forward to the next 'Gotcha' day.  I know that it's far away.  I know there are trials ahead.  I know that I'll be frustrated with something in the wait.  I know I'll have fears. But, it's in the wait that God gets to be my comfort, my rock, my salvation.  I will be Thankful for that!

Ecrissa Danae Sessions and Jaryse James Sessions:  Happy Gotcha to the USA day!!  I LOVE YOU WITH EVERYTHING IN ME!!!!!!!  And, to my little miss in China, we are so ready for your Gotcha day and I can't wait to watch God write your story too!

Comments

Kathy Cassel said…
Hi. Thanks for sharing your blog link on the Haitian adoption facebook page.

Popular posts from this blog

H E A L T H

Overwhelmed with gratitude!

Processing adoption!