Summer Fun!!!

So far the past couple of weeks have been pretty low key. I mean, as low key as a home can get as you are settling in from a move across the country after moving from a third world country!! LOL!!! Summer school has been wonderful for Ecrissa. I know she's learning alot, she has a few friends (and they are all deaf and use Sign Langauge!) and she likes her teacher! I am thrilled and all of us are learning more and more sign every day! It's wonderful! We are still going through the evaluation process to determine if she's a medical candidate for the cochlear implant. I know I am always saying this, but some things just take time! We had to do a three month hearing aid trial, which is up August 7th and she then will complete a full 2 hour audiological evaluation at UCLA. Then there are a couple of other tests that have to be done and from there a team of professionals will determine if they think she's a candidate! I know that no matter what happens, God is in control and everything will work out perfectly for Ecrissa. I know that, because God loves her more than I can imagine!

The kids continue to grow like weeds, they are learning a ton, they are experiencing all sorts of things and we are just having a ball as a family. I am not going to lie to you.......I'm exhausted, but it's all worth it!!! I love watching them, I love holding them ,I love seeing them soak it all in! I don't know how they have all the energy that they do, but I love it!!! I end each day falling into bed fully exhausted and I often wake up just as exhausted, but each day is filled with something that is an encouragement. There are many many things that are hard, many things stress me, and a ton of things keep me moving and do NOT allow total relaxation, but I know that God is giving me strength to make each day the best it can be for my little angels.
I am amazed at this. I was reading some of my old blog posts the other day and broke down SOBBING. Those feelings of fear, frustration, anger, loneliness, uncertainty, and basically giving up on ever leaving Haiti with my two children came flooding back with such a familiar intensity. It seemed like I was still in it. I remember it so clearly. I remember the feelings of despair all mixed in with love for the country of Haiti and love for my children. I had so many emotions in me that I was a mess. Yet, at the same time, it seemed like those days were so long ago, yet also like it was only yesterday. I am glad we made it through that, I am glad I wrote about it. I never want to forget what God has done for us.



Grandpa and Grandma (my mom and step dad)Holton send us packages on a consistent basis (as does my grandma). We are so thankful for them and really look forward to them! Jaryse will check by the mailbox on a daily basis to see if "the package came", even if one is not supposed to be there! He also told me a while ago that the mail man brings the packages that grandma's send! I guess he thinks that is the only thing that comes in the mail! In the most recent package, there was a gift for Jaryse that was a pretend razor, pretend shaving cream, a brush, mirror and comb. Jaryse told me this morning that he needed to take a bath, cause "he needed to shave" . Gotta love it!








Comments

Manda said…
STOP GROWING UP, JARYSE!! (how sad that one day he'll actually NEED to shave! WAHHH!!)
CK Sessions said…
I know Manda, I just can't believe he's not a teeny tiny baby anymore! It's unbelievable how quickly they grow up on us!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

H E A L T H

Overwhelmed with gratitude!

Processing adoption!