Another "first" at the San Diego Zoo!!!!



This weekend was such a blessing!!!! I had the opportunity to take the kids to the San Diego Zoo with a very special friend of mine! Rachel and I have been friends for quite a few years and she went with me to Haiti the trip before I moved there. The last time she saw the kids, Jaryse was 15 months and Ecrissa was 2.5 years old. Well, needless to say, she was happy to see them on U.S. soil!!!

The first thing we did of course was check out the map and Jaryse was quick to help Rachel figure out where we were going. This was after we could get Ecrissa away from the Giraffe statue. She was so intrigued by the statue and the pictures and everything that she was seeing, it was hard to pull her away to go see the actual real and living animals!!! Once she did finally figure out that we were going to see live animals, she was so excited!!!


The kids had so much fun and they were so intrigued by everything and it brought tears to our eyes watching how they just took everything in with such interest and excitement!




I remembered to bring the sign language dictionary so I was able to look up some of the animal signs that I didn't know! That was fun too! We did all of the signs that we could with both kids and they loved it! A great learning experience for all of us!


The kids were such troopers and so well behaved! We spent about 6 hours at the zoo and the kids were AWESOME the whole time (with just a few minutes of melt down right before lunch, but food solved the problem!). They loved all the animals and they enjoyed a puppet show and they got to feed the Giraffes! They had SO. MUCH. FUN.


I don't think I could be happier than I am right now! I LOVE LOVE LOVE sharing all of these experiences with these amazing children. What a great weekend! Big loves and Thanks to Rachel and her husband Daryl for taking us in and spoiling us this weekend!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

H E A L T H

Overwhelmed with gratitude!

Processing adoption!