Looking forward to the weekend!

I know, it's only Wed., but it is Wed. night!!! That means I'm on the downhill slope to the weekend right???!!!!! I am excited about this weekend because it will be the first 4th of July with my new little Americans!!! I am so excited to spend this holiday with them!!!!!

We have had a good week so far. The kids are doing well and are enjoying gymnastics camp again this week! I am keeping them busy so we can all sleep at night!! :) They got to go Kayaking again today. This is Jaryse's favorite day of the camp. HE LOVES the boat!!! I am so happy that he gets this opportunity! Ecrissa seems to like it too, but she likes the gym and ballet class more, she is definitely the girlie girl who likes to spin and watch her dress (and ballet outfit) fly!!!!
The above picture is of Jaryse as he got out of his boat. I know it's hard to see, but I had to take them from so far away. He's the little speck in the middle of the picture, standing with the yellow life jacket on!!!!
The picture below is of Ecrissa just before she docked. She's the little one in the boat!! :)

So I have a Jaryse "funny" and an Ecrissa "cute" from this past week! First, Ecrissa. On Sunday we went to her ballet class, I was proud of myself for getting all three of us out of the house by 7:45 am with her in her ballet outfit, church outfit in the car and the stuff for the beach (as we had my baptism at the beach on Sunday) as well as my beach stuff and Jaryse's beach stuff all in the car! Whew! Score! Super Mom!!!! WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As soon as we pull in, I realize that I forgot Ecrissa's ballet slippers. AAAAHHHHH, darn! Well, I think to myself, maybe she'll forget that she needs them or that she has them (this is only her 3rd class and only the 2nd with the slippers). Maybe I'll get a pass this week. WRONG AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ecrissa quickly remembered when we got to the studio and saw the other kids. Darn again! She looked at me and pointed to her feet, looked at me with a look as if to say "um, mom, the shoes". I signed to her, "I forgot". Her face dropped into a horribly disappointed look. Then, her face changed to "well, maybe I'll give her a second chance" and she again pointed to her feet (where her slippers obviously should be) and looked to me again. I smiled meekly and signed "I forgot, at home". She shook her head in utter disappointment, sighed and walked away shaking her head as if to say "my mother, sheesh!!!" LOL! It was so cute. Her body language was hysterical. Like to say, "come on mom, you can do better than that! Where are the slippers that should be on my feet!!" Maybe I'll do better next week!
Now Jaryse. Last week one night (they all run together for me!) he was exhausted! He had had a long day, no nap, and we were running late getting to bed! He was done. But, you know when you get that tired, you can't do anything. You want everything, but want nothing, need help, but want to do it alone, and you know, basically just can't deal anymore! So, I decided, time for bed (good mom decision huh! ). So, I asked Jaryse to go in and brush his teeth and he didn't want to. So, I helped him to the bathroom, and put the toothpaste on his brush, all the while he's crying, saying he's not tired and doesn't want to go to bed. So, I handed him his toothbrush and he quite seriously looked at me and YELLED " WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BE A GOOD MOMMA????? I DON'T WANT A GOOD MOMMA!!!!" I couldn't help to laugh, but I am glad even when he's mad and sad, he thinks I'm a good momma!!!!!! In the end, he brushed his teeth and fell asleep in my arms within minutes of laying him in bed! God is good!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

H E A L T H

Overwhelmed with gratitude!

Processing adoption!