I know it seems weird, since I have had my kids with me for 3 years now, but this is the first time that they've had a bedroom all their own! In Haiti, we were either living with someone else or house sitting and so things weren't really ours. It is so fun to actually begin to have things of our own. To top it all off, the amazing people that helped me is like an endless list!!!! Amanda drove us to Ikea, her husband loaned the truck, Nora watched Jaryse while I ran Ecrissa to the Doctor, Howard and Thomas put the bed and dresser together, and so many people have helped financially and through prayers, I can hardly even count! I am so so so blessed! The kids are having a ball in their very own new bedroom!!!!!

It's so amazing to me too, cause I have dreamed of having my kids home with me where I can decorate their rooms and do the things that every mommy wants to do for their kids. This room, with all the love and support that has gone into it from so many different people, is SO MUCH MORE than I ever invisioned in all of my daydreams of "when I get to bring my kids home". God has sure taught me alot through the adoption and through being a mommy. I am so grateful that He loves me enough to keep teaching me and be so obviously in charge of my life.


So, as you can see by the kids' room, we are settling in. There is starting to be some sort of routine, the kids are feeling more at home and they are doing very well. I am (and will always be) wading through the trenches of programs and such for Ecrissa, but I got some phone calls and contacts today that were very encouraging. I have to admit, there has been some insurance issues already and I FREAKED out yesterday. I was so upset all day long (the story is really very long and complicated) but what it boils down to is by the early evening I realized, GOD IS IN CONTROL!!! I realized that if He could bring us out of Haiti and move us to CA and bless us in so many ways, than why am I freaking out about this!!!! I gave it to HIM. I laid on my face, on the floor and apologized for being such a brat and for losing my temper and so quickly forgetting that I am not the one in control. I am so glad that He convicted me to do this, cause today has been much more promising, I am in a MUCH better mood, the kids behaved better and all in all WE ARE BLESSED. I am thankful for even more lessons daily!!!!!!

Comments

Liles Family said…
The room looks awesome! Thanks for sharing. :)
Coby said…
Oh, how exciting, decorating!! The room looks wonderful. WE LOVE IKEA!!!
We are praying for Ecrissa, especially for Friday!!
Love and miss you!!

Popular posts from this blog

H E A L T H

Overwhelmed with gratitude!

Processing adoption!