California! Wow!!!!!

Well, I know this post is about 3 days late, but the kids and I arrived in Los Angeles late Tuesday night with absolutely NO problems! God is so good! The kids were great on the plane and in the airport! I am so blessed with two amazing kids! I am also blessed with great friends. Mia and Mike picked up the kids and ALL of our luggage and we stayed the night with Mia that night! It is so fun to catch up with friends and stuff. We went to the grocery store and Target and Mia took the kids to the park while I started cleaning the apartment. Wow, what a mess! I have spent the last 3 days cleaning and re-organizing. The kids have been great. I forgot that I did have some toys and stuff here for the kids and even though the toys aren't new, they are new to the kids and they are having a blast!

On Friday morning a wonderful friend took us to the John Tracy Clinic where Ecrissa had her first hearing test. It was no surprise to me that her results show that she is profoundly deaf in both ears. The good thing is that it appears that the auditory nerve is intact and that she should be a candidate for the cochlear implant. I am looking forward to meeting with the surgeon on May 1st. I am asking for some specific prayers regarding this though. You see, some are telling me that she is on the old side for an implant and I am hoping that the surgeon will be willing to implant her ASAP and do both sides simultaneously! Also, there is some "rule" that the child is supposed to wear hearing aides for 6 months, even though the hearing aides will not amplify sounds enough for her to hear speech sounds. I am praying that she won't have to wait so long, since is she is "old"! ;0) Anyway, I was pleased with the outcome of yesterdays appointment and I am hopeful for her future.

I also took the paperwork to the school district to begin the assessment process to determine the appropriate program for Ecrissa and I am pushing to get her into the summer program that is available. Please pray that the school will work quickly on her file and move forward to provide all that Ecrissa deserves.

The kids have gotten to go to a park every day since we've been in California, yes, that is 3 parks in 3 days and we are planning on going to one today too! Our apartment is a little on the small side and I just want to give them the opportunity to run and continue to grow and develop to the best of their ability. I have lots of pictures, just not lots of time to upload them! I'll work on that this weekend!!!!

Thanks for your love and prayers

Comments

coby said…
Thanks Cheri Kay for the update. I was so curious!! I will continue to pray for all to go well.
For the surgeon to be willing to do the implant, for the school to work on Ecrissa's file so she gets in a good program. The weather is probably very pleasant in California??

Popular posts from this blog

H E A L T H

Overwhelmed with gratitude!

Processing adoption!