4 weeks!


It is a bit surreal still. As I was bathing my son this morning, I looked at him and realized that it's not weird that I'm his mother. It is natural. He is so much my son. Then I bathed my daughter and realized that I don't remember the time that I wasn't her mommy. But at the same time, I am amazed that they are here in the US. That I am their mommy and I am not fighting for them any longer. Don't get me wrong, I am always "fighting" for my children, their health, spiritual, emotional and physical. But, they are with me here and with the rest of their family. They are beginning to experience all of the things that I have dreamed for them for so long!

4 weeks ago today I got on an airplane with my 2 Haitian Angels and brought them to the United States. I am still amazed. I remember that for 17 months after meeting my babies, I cried and waited for them in the states, then for 3 more years I cried while caring for them in Haiti. God used that time to do so much in my life. I am so grateful for His love and His promises. But today, when I look at my kids, I am amazed that we made it! We made it through that very tough adoption. I still feel the anguish that I went through while waiting for them. Sometimes, I forget that I am not still "waiting" for a signature. I am here, it is complete! Wow! Imagine, when God promises to complete what He started. Imagine what that means. If it is so wonderful that He completed this adoption, think about our adoption into His family! How amazing. Just think of the home that He's preparing for us! Just think of the eternal comfort and care that we are receiving right now as His adopted children!

I am so amazed and fully in awe of all that is coming in this life and the life to come. God is faithful and He will complete what He started! I have learned that through this particular trial in my life.And here we are, 4 weeks later still in awe!!!!

Comments

Jess Furrow said…
I just have to say that my pastor's 5 year old son has the same sweatshirt and pants that your kids were wearing. I think its so funny how young we start molding kids to love a certain team (state). So excited that things are going well with you all!

Popular posts from this blog

H E A L T H

Overwhelmed with gratitude!

Processing adoption!