Homecoming pics!

March 12th 2009 will have new meaning to me! We did make it out of Haiti and to Michigan with no probems. That trip was sure a gift from God after 4.5 years waiting to bring my Haitian Angels home! It's sorta surreal to think that it's done. I mean, for over 4 years I have "waited". Waiting for this signature or that signature. Waiting for this to be processed or that to be processed. Waiting for the day when I would bring my kids to the States. Now, waiting is over. OH CRAP, now what!!???????????? Now I figure out life in America. Whew, just saying that is exhausting! I mean, I know I'm American. I've lived here in the past, but after being home for 5 days, I still feel a weird disconnect. Like, I don't really get what's going on. I don't really know what to do and how to do it. My kids are adjusting great! Grandparents are awesome for them and they are being spoiled like crazy. They both love all of the attention they are getting and having a blast with all the new people in their lives. They are sleeping well, napping and eating well too. It's just me. Just me missing Haiti. Just me wondering how to put our lives together as we move back to the US. I know, that just as God had huge plans for me in Haiti, He is not done with me. He has huge plans for me and my family here in the States as well. I am going to keep taking it one day at a time and lean NOT on my understanding of our new lives! I am looking forward to all of the amazing forward movement that is coming our way!

This pic is the kids in the Port au Prince airport as we were waiting for our first flight! We were all very excited!

Walking out of the airport to the tarmac.


Look at that big airplane!


This is how we finally arrived in Michigan. Both kids sound asleep! The airline brought a wheelchair for us and had someone help us down to the luggage claim!



By the time we got to the luggage claim, the kids had woken up and they were thrilled to see Grandma and Grandpa Holton! They loved putting on their new warm coats and mittens!




Thanks for your continued love and prayers! We'll keep you posted and share some pics of the family soon!



Comments

Chelsey said…
Awesome! I've just been waiting for you to post this one! It's FREEZING in this country, isn't it???
Amy said…
Congrats! I'm so happy for you.
Amy
Blesh said…
Wow, Cheri Kay. Love the pics! We are so happy for you guys. Congrats to you all. Yay for Jaryse & Ecrissa!! We miss you three :)
Denise & family

Popular posts from this blog

H E A L T H

Overwhelmed with gratitude!

Processing adoption!