God is so FAITHFUL

I know, I know, I've been terrible again about updating this blog......."Pa Faut Mwen", I could go on and on about how it's Haiti's fault, but I might as well admit it, I just haven't done it.

Well, the last few days have been busy. I went to Jacmel for a visit with the kids that I do therapy with down there. I went with some friends of mine and they actually posted some great pics of the trip, Check it out on their blog http://livesayhaiti.blogspot.com/ They also said some nice things about me, and I really appreciate it. A public thank you to Troy and Tara for the pics, friendship and nice words :)

Monday was a big day for us for the adoption. We got our I-600 approval, which allowed me to go into the consulate today and submit the final documents for the visa appointment, which, to my surprise (maybe it's supposed to happen this way, but when something goes smooth for me, I am so thrilled and amazed) they gave me an appointment for Thursday. YES, only 48 hours from the time I dropped of the documents to the time of my appointment. AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, I was all smiles. I walked to my car floating, and by the time I actually reached my car, I was crying. I kept thanking the Lord for His faithfulness and I cried tears of amazement, tears of joy and tears of bottled up frustrations that I am slowly allowing to release as each of these final steps are completed. I am still hesitant to be to excited, maybe I should be excited, but I've had so many set backs that I get nervous. Instead, I focus on what has been accomplished and give the future to the Lord.

Someone asked me today if I felt that my faith has been tested more or my patience. I kinda laughed at first and said both. But, then I said, the truth is, I feel like it's the faith. Here's why. If I didn't have faith, then my patience would not have been tested to this extent because I wouldn't have had to give it to God and trust that He had it all worked out. I would have forced (or tried to anyway) God's hand and His plan. Then, maybe I wouldn't have had to have the same patience that I have had to have. I wouldn't have had the faith so my faith wouldn't have been tested. Am I making sense???? Instead, I trusted. Don't get me wrong. I cried, I pleaded, I sobbed, I worried, I lost sleep, I walked around in a daze and a fog, I suffered, I lost my temper, I had emotional breakdowns and I was a basketcase for days and weeks at a time, but I continued to wait on God. I have learned, that God is faithful, He is proving it to us everyday, it's not easy, but it's best. Yes, my patience was tested, but I think that I learned how to trust in the Lord and to have FAITH that He really does love me, love my children and He really does have plans to prosper and not to harm us. I am so thankful for this current forward movement in our adoption and will be forever grateful to my personal saviour for caring enough to lovingly teach me and mold me into the person HE wants me to be. I have a long way to go but I am glad that I am going.

Please pray for our visa's and our visa appointment Thursday morning, 7 AM EST :)

Thanks
luvs and hugs from Haiti
Momma, Ecrissa, and Jaryse

Comments

Liles Family said…
As painful as it can be when God allows us to go through that fire and be refined, it is always a beautiful outcome when He delivers us to the other side. Congrats!!!! I can not wait to see pics of the kids in the US! :)
Chelsey said…
oops, I meant to put my comment here: How'd it go????? Let me know, K? I've been praying for you!!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

H E A L T H

Overwhelmed with gratitude!

Processing adoption!