We have made it home from the Hospital

We made it back to Port au Prince from Les Cayes last night. Jaryse's surgery was last Monday morning and he did really well! I am so proud of him!!! The above picture is Jaryse with the Doctor who did the surgery who was amazing! Of course, who would expect anything less, he is a Spartan you know!!!!! Jaryse got to look at the operating room and where the surgical cap before getting his anesthesia!
These kitties were downstairs in the hospital outside the operating room and Jaryse said to the doctor "well, look at these kitties in this hospital!!!!!" It was almost like he knew that kitties didn't really belong in hospitals!!!! LOL!!!! Well, in Haiti, anything goes, and the kitties are welcomed to eat the rats and mice!
Jaryse was given the anestesia, and taken into surgery. He was in surgery for over 2 hours!!!!! I think the hardest part for him was not eating breakfast, the hardest part for me was hearing him cry when given the shot and when he was waking up. It is heartbreaking to hear your baby cry and not be able to take the pain away!
Ecrissa was more than an Angel!!!! I am SSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO proud of her!!!! She did not give me one problem the entire day at the hospital or at the guesthouse the rest of the week for the most part. She was such a good big sister!!! On Monday, we were at the hospital from 7 am until after 6pm that night! When Jaryse came out of surgery, I used sign to tell her that Jaryse was sick and showed her where he was hurt. She immediately understood and when the doctor came to check on Jaryse, she started pointing towards the OR, to the doctor, to Jaryse, and doing the hurt sign! It was pretty obvious that she was telling him that he hurt Jaryse in that room down there!!!!!!!!

When Jaryse began waking up, I had his head laying on my lap and he looked up at me and said "Momma!" and I answered yes, the then said "where is Ecrissa???" I showed him that she was right there and then he told me, "there is something in my belly that hurts". I had to agree with him, I am sure that it did hurt!!!!

Being in the Haitian hosptial was quite the experience! I have decided that I was either a freak in some sort of freak show or had celebrity status because people were constantly starting at me. People would not stare from afar either, they would walk right up to me and stare right at me. I would say "bon jou" and they'd just keep staring at me and my kids. At one point, I had about 15 people circled around our bed staring at us. I understand that out in the provinces, people are not used to seeing white people, and much less used to seeing a white person caring for Haitian children. So, I guess I was a little strange!!! But, when one guy took a picture of me with his cell phone, I decided to just embrace celebrity status!!!!! lol

For any of you that know my son, you would be amazed at how much he slept, how quiet he was, and how little he moved this past week!!!!!! I know that I am amazed!!!!! He has stayed in bed most of the week, but slowly began sitting up more and playing in bed more! He has stood a couple of times, but is not yet walking. The doctor says that it's fine. He had to close up some pretty big holes and it's not unusual for it to take a while before feeling better!!!
But, by the end of the week, my little ladies man was taking care of business from his bed making us all smile and being his jovial little self! Thank you for all of your love and support and prayers! They are much appreciated!!!!!

Comments

Jessica said…
I'm glad to hear that everything went well and I hope your little man heals quickly!
I love the photo of Ecrissa, she looks so grown up!!
Anonymous said…
YEAH!! I am so happy and thankful that it's finally over, and that the surgery went well. I was stressed out this past week because of it (my poor family!!), but I cannot imagine how you felt!!Merci, Papa Jezi!!!

danielle
Pye's In Haiti said…
So glad to hear everything went well!
Rose Anne said…
Cheri Kay,
Thankful to hear all went well!!
Your babies are beautiful....
God Bless You,
Rose Anne

Popular posts from this blog

H E A L T H

Overwhelmed with gratitude!

Processing adoption!