School is over for the summer!

We finished our last day of school Wed. and Wow, I had no idea how busy the last 2 weeks of school could be! Welcome to school age kids I guess!!!!!! I feel so blessed that Ecrissa was able to attend Quisqueya Christian School this year and I feel even more blessed that she had the teacher she did. Mrs. De Blaeij really worked hard at learning sign language and making sure that Ecrissa learned all that she could this school year. I am amazed at how much was accomplished this school year!!! Thank you Mrs. De Blaeij and QCS!!!!

The pictures in this post are of the play "The Little Red Hen" that the Pre-K and Kindergarten classes did together last week. They were so cute!!!! Although Ecrissa was a little lost during the practices and such because she can't hear what is going on , as soon as the chapel filled with parents and spectators for the performance, she knew right away that she was performing. Some of the songs have some hand motions and such, and as soon as the play started, She began doing every motion she could think of!!!! It cracked me up! She was ready to perform!!!!



The summer is going to be filled with mostly me spending time with Ecrissa and Jaryse working on sign language skills and making sure that Ecrissa doesn't fall behind academically. She continues to be behind her peers (which is expected) so i need to spend time "home-schooling" her over the summer. I have lots of activities planned for her and Jaryse to continue to work on learning colors, counting, cutting, gluing, sign language, and whatever else 3-5 year olds are supposed to learn!!!! Please pray for me and my children as we continue to try to keep up academically over the summer!!!!

We are also planning a trip to Les Cayes during the week of June 22nd. There is an American Dr. from the state of Michigan (he graduated from Michigan State's med school so I know he's good!!!!) and he will be in Haiti that week and he'll be performing the hernia repair for Jaryse. Jaryse has bilateral inguinal hernia's and an umbilical hernia and all 3 will be surgically repaired on June 23rd. Les Cayes is in the southern part of Haiti and we'll be driving down there (not a quick easy drive, but I'm sure it'll be an adventure!). We look forward to having this operation behind us and please pray for Jaryse and Dr. TenHaaf as he operates not only on my son, but over 100 Haitian patients that week.

More soon to come!!!!
CK, E, and J!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

H E A L T H

Overwhelmed with gratitude!

Processing adoption!