Therapy update!

I realized the other day as I was scrolling through my blog, that i haven't updated my blog on the kids that I do therapy with! Sorry about that!!! I have posted some pictures of Ashley, in fact, these pictures were taken at her home. She and her family have been struggling with illnesses and coming to my place has been difficult for her. I took a step of faith and went to her home. She lives in an abandoned and partially finished cement structure. It's not really a house, it's a couple of rooms with a floor that is not fully finished. Right in front of the "entrance" is a HUGE hole that is a cistern with no cover. It's a bit dangerous!!!!

Anyway, we had a wonderful session at her house and she was very happy to see me there! She is making slow improvements with increased control over her hands and arms. Unfortunately, our consistency in seeing each other has not been very good the past couple of months, I am hoping now that school is out for me, I can make more of an effort to get to her instead of her trying to get to me.
Benjamin has also been struggling the past 3 weeks with the chicken pox. Well, 1 week he had them and then these last 2 weeks has just been the after effects. I saw him yesterday and he was cranky, cranky, cranky!!!!! Poor thing!!!!! He seems to be growing and his tone is increasing with that growth. He is also using his right arm and hand more and more and is sitting a little better each time I go (with the exception of yesterday, as he didn't want to do anything!).

I am heading to Jacmel Thursday and will see both Jabez and Natalie. I hear that Natalie is showing signs of improvements all the time! I am excited to see her this weekend!

Yesterday I did an evaluation on a 17 month old little boy who was abandoned to an orphanage in the mountains only 2 or 3 months ago. The director was concerned as he is developmentally delayed and wanted my opinion. Yes, he's delayed, but the poor thing only weighs 14 pounds and is severely anemic and is being treated for intestinal worms. Soooooo, I think that once he gets rid of the worms that are eating all of his food and he recovers from the horrible malnourishment that he's been suffering, we will see some amazing development occur!!! She was thrilled to hear that there wasn't any other issue (such as CP or something) and I'll be checking in on the little guy in about a month to be sure that he is making progress. I have an appointment to meet with them again in early July.

Well, there's a bit of an update on the little ones that I treat here in Haiti! Please keep these children in your prayers as they fight illnesses and fight to overcome their handicaps! Also, pray for a safe trip to Jacmel for us this weekend! luvs!!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

H E A L T H

Overwhelmed with gratitude!

Processing adoption!