Haiti's Dichotomy





Well, this is the beautiful view of the Caribbean Ocean from our hotel room in Jacmel this weekend. As I looked out the window I felt the need to video it, and I just felt like it is such a dichotomy. Here is one of the most beautiful views that I have ever seen, but behind me in the little straw or cement hut, is a family with nothing. A family that is starving or someone is sick or hurting with no where to turn. Yet, this country is full of potential that is hindered by so many cultural beliefs and so many corrupt officials. I pray for this country.


Now today, as I look at this video, I want to cry. I returned home from my trip to Jacmel Sunday night, on Tuesday afternoon, I got a call from my friends in Jacmel, and they informed me that the little boy that I had just done therapy on had passed away. Jabez was 3 years old with Cerebral Palsy. He was a joy and I am going to miss his little smile so much. Jabez, I know you are running around in Heaven with Jesus, doing all the things that you couldn't do here, but please know that we miss you here.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

H E A L T H

Overwhelmed with gratitude!

Processing adoption!