Today is a bit worse than yesterday...

We are at school and I have gotten word from the Embassy that things are really bad. Over the past hour, the riots have moved from downtown up through the city. I have heard that they have bombarded the Palace, they are attacking the Presidents house, and burning cars and such. It is still about 3 miles away from me and the kids on the schools campus, but we aren't leaving the walls of this compound. Many families are coming to get their children for fear of what "might" happen. My contact tells me to stay put. OF course, I would anyway, because in order to get to my house, I'd have to go through where the riots are now. Please pray for our safety and for wisdom as to how to stay out of harms way. We will check with the Embassy before leaving the secure walls of the school. Probably more posts to come as the day progresses!

CK

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

H E A L T H

Overwhelmed with gratitude!

Processing adoption!