Here's what we know today!

Today we only know what we've heard from inside our 4 walls. We did not go out today and from what we've heard, it was no better today than yesterday. The violence on the street continued with looting, demonstrating, shooting, tire burning, attacks on businesses and destruction of property. I know from my friend at the Embassy today was not a good day. I was talking to some Haitians and they said that this would continue until the President spoke. Well, he finally did speak later in the day. But, from what I can tell, the people are not happy with what he had to say. Apparently, they want a quick fix and they want him to do something NOW about their hunger. Well, I completely understand that, but, I am not sure what they think he can do. Anyway, unfortunately, things are not looking a whole lot calmer on the streets of Haiti. And, honestly, when I say Haiti, I mean the entire country. These things are not just happening in Port au Prince, they are happening all over, in every major city of this country. It is really a nation wide protest. Our school, along with all the other schools throughout the country will be closed until at least Monday. We are pretty much confined to our homes at this point. Hopefully, we'll see some progress soon and peace will be restored to this country. We are safe where we are and we are doing well. We took advantage of the day off and played and rested and watched a couple of movies. I am at least grateful for the time that I get to spend with my children! Thanks so much for your prayers and support!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

H E A L T H

Overwhelmed with gratitude!

Processing adoption!