Quick update

So, I know in my last post I said that we were staying put at my friend's house, but we got word that things had calmed and all streets were open. We also got word that today is supposed to be worse than the day before, so we didn't want to be stuck at my friend's house---So, we went home. I drove quite quick (which is a little tough on a car's suspension on the roads of Haiti) and didn't stop for anything, even ran lights. We made it home safely and we saw lots of places were the rioters had been. We must have passed 15 places where tires had been burning and some were still lightly burning and/or smoldering, telephone poles were knocked down, dumpsters upside down in the middle of the road, barricades of rocks that had been up and had been since knocked down to re-open the roads. It was quite obvious of the daily activities that had happened throughout the city. We made it home and we do not have school today. We will stay put today--PROMISE!!!! I got a call from my friend in the Embassy last night at just after 10:30 pm wanting to check to be sure that I was at my house and to inform me NOT to leave my house. He made me promise and he told me to just trust him on this. I am sure that he knows of something that is supposed to happen today. Please pray that these people will stop these sorts of activities. I am not in a position to fully understand why they do the things they do or what they are thinking. I have never been as hungry as they are. Desperation can change the way a brain reasons through a situation. I have never been as desperate as they, so it's hard to fully comprehend what they are thinking. I do pray that things will improve, please join me in that prayer. Thanks for your support and I'll post again later today if I hear anything. But, I am really not going to leave my house, so I may not hear much!!!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

H E A L T H

Overwhelmed with gratitude!

Processing adoption!