Love having a good week!

A couple of weeks ago, Ecrissa had a really rough time.  The new hearing, the new input, the sounds, the demands on her had just pushed her to her limit.  I felt so bad for her, but during her 45 minute tantrums, I still got a headache! 
The past two weeks have been really good.  She is handling things better and has made some wonderful progress over the past couple of weeks.  She is now 11 weeks after hearing her first sounds, that is just about 3 months.  It is expected that she will respond and develop in her hearing and language at the same rate as an infant would do so.  So, she is expected to be functioning like a 3 month old baby in terms of her listening, hearing and language skills.  She is doing that.  She seems to be developing nicely.  I am so thrilled.  I know that we have a long road ahead of us, but each step of the way she continues to amaze me.


Jaryse continues to crack me up!  He is always doing something to keep me laughing!  He has his first loose tooth and is so excited for it to fall out!  School is up and down for him.  Most days are pretty good, but some days are tough for him.  There are days he comes home and sleeps for over 2 hours.  He is learning so much.  He is beginning to read and he is writing all of his letters.  I am just so thrilled for him.  He is super excited for summer vacation though!!!!!




As for Momma.....doing well.  I had a couple of kid free hours today as my friend took the kids shopping and out for lunch.  It was awesome!  The kids had fun and I enjoyed a few minutes to clean up the house, eat some lunch and watch a bit of TV.   As I was sitting in the quiet house, I missed my babies.  I am so thankful that I get to be a part of the lives of these two kids.  I am so glad that they weren't gone any longer than they were!  They energize me and I can't imagine my life without them!  Right now, they are both sleeping and I'm catching up on a few things.  I like the house being quiet AND having the kids here with me! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

H E A L T H

Overwhelmed with gratitude!

Processing adoption!