Friday Night REST!!!!!

Our weekend has started!  It's Friday night and there is nothing pressing that is scheduled between now and Sunday morning!!!! YAY!!!!!!  The kids and I have begun our movie and we are just hanging out.  I really cherish this time with them.  Monday through Friday (until 3PM) we are packed full with all sorts of things that I really cherish our time on Friday nights and all day Saturday to just hang together with no real pressure to do anything specific. 

Today I spent much of my day remembering.  March 5th, 2009 was the day that the kids and I went to the US Embassy for our Visa appointment!  I remember being so nervous.  There were many days in my life prior to this date that I was unsure if that day would ever actually arrive!!!!! 

You can read my post from last year  by clicking on this link: 
http://cherikayinhaiti.blogspot.com/2009/03/today.html

I'm so grateful for all that we have.  I think I say that in almost every post that I make, but it's so true.  I often pinch myself to prove to myself that this is all real!!!! 


And now, here is my little girl, with her 3 week old cochlear implant learning about sound!  No, I am not forcing her to become my little Cinderella!!!!  Her speech therapist suggested that she get to vacuum to learn about the sound and begin to correlate that "noise" with the vacuum cleaner.  She really had fun and hopefully she is beginning to understand that sound.  Although, I won't argue with her if she decides to take on a chore!!! :)

Comments

coby said…
Hi Cheri Kay
I am so happy for you and your kids that you are where you are right now.
Dave Carter, you remember him, is in Haiti and he is staying at our house right now.
I showed him the pictures of Ecrissa and her big smile/response of the cochlear implant!! So exciting to see her big smile. Dave was very happy to see these pics and to hear about her and you all.
Love you.
coby

Popular posts from this blog

H E A L T H

Overwhelmed with gratitude!

Processing adoption!