Saving the world......?

As I sit here to type this, I can hear the deep calm breaths of my sleeping children.  They are nestled all cozy and sweetly in their beds, sleeping so peacefully.  I am filled with Joy.  The sound of their breath in this quiet apartment overwhelms me. 

I've had one of those days.  One of those days where nothing really went wrong, but it seemed that around every corner there was some sad story.  Children in Los Angeles that aren't recieving medical care, or therapeutic intervention.  Thousands of children that don't have homes and are in the foster care system.  Millions of sad stories coming out of Haiti.  And here I sit.  Or so it feels.  I work daily with children with special needs, and I poor my heart out to them.  I love them.  I pray for them.  I take care of my munchkins that I was so lucky to be given the opportunity to be their mommy.  I love them.  I adore them.  I would gladly give my life for them.  I try to help others where I can.  And yet, I feel so helpless.  There are so many hurting.  So many suffering. I feel that my daily life seems so insignificant to others whose lives are so full of suffering.  I feel like I work and work and work and yet, still there are so many that I cannot help.   I know now that I will never "save the world".  Oh, I used to think I could.  When I was growing up in a small farm town (which I thought was the whole world), I used to think that I would really do something great with my life.  I'd save the world.  There would be no more hurting.  No more suffering.  No more pain.  I knew when I was a young girl that I'd adopt, and that, would be just the beginning.  The beginning of no more suffering.  Well, it took one trip to Haiti for me to realize, I wasn't going to save one family, let alone the world!  That is when I realized that it will take God to save the world.  And as I sit here right now, feeling so overwhelmed with the suffering, I realize, God sent His son, to save us.  We may have earthly troubles, earthly pain, and earthly suffering but when we have Jesus living in us, we are saved.  Saved!  He came to save the world.   I am so grateful for that.  I am so grateful that I do not have to worry about saving the world......He already did!!!!!!!!!

I know that God is using me.  I know He has me right where He wants me.  No matter how badly I want to do more.  No matter how insignificant my daily life seems to me.  I know that I am doing just what He wants me to do.   I am praying tonight for all of those suffering earthly things that they might feel the saving powers of the Lord Jesus Christ. 

Comments

Manda said…
Oh CK. I totally 100 percent understand this. The world is just an overwhelming place. I am also so thankful that Jesus is Lord.

Popular posts from this blog

H E A L T H

Overwhelmed with gratitude!

Processing adoption!