Remembering God's amazing abilities to answer prayer

So, today is another one of those days that I am remembering my life 1 year ago.  I'll actually never forget it!!!  The kids and I were still in Haiti, just a couple of short weeks after finally getting the signature that we had waited so long for.  I was having a good day, things were "normal" for us, but I was really hoping for a miracle.  I had kept my phone on me all day waiting to hear if their passports had been released from Haitian Immigration.  By early afternoon, still no call.  "Bummer" is what I was thinking.  I knew that this particular day was the earliest they would be released and that it was more likely to take a few more days, but I so wanted this miracle to happen!  I was driving through Petion-vile to go to do therapy with a little girl and had enough time to run a quick errand.  As I was driving, I looked at the clock, and realized that the government offices would be closing within minutes and since there was no call, the likelihood of receiving that call was very small.  I began to pray.  Begging the Lord to make this miracle happen.  Telling him that HE could keep the offices open later, that HE could put it in the man's heart to print them and release them today, that HE could make the man picking them up to go and check one more time, even though it was too late in the day. HE. COULD. MAKE. THIS. HAPPEN.  I pleaded with the Lord until I parked my car at the store.  I ran into the store (forgetting my phone), asked the lady if she had the item I was looking for, she said no, I returned to my car.  I didn't even shop.  As I put my car in drive, I noticed I had a message.  I listened.  IT WAS THE CALL!!!!  The message was from the guy checking on my passports, he had them in his hands.  WE GOT THEM!!!!!!!!  Unbelievable!  The Lord did it!!!  HE DOES IT!!!! HE answers prayers!  Sometimes He answers them slowly (like waiting 20 months for a signature), sometimes He says no or wait.  But on that day, HE said YES IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!!  I cried and shook and praised and smiled and laughed and rejoiced all by myself in my little white car.  I'll never forget that feeling.  Not only the feeling of thrill for recieving the passport, but for that amazing feeling of God answering my prayers!

Today, I sit here right now with my son napping and my daughter snacking and I rejoice again.  I also mourn.  I know that the Haiti that I was living in 1 year ago no longer exists the way I remember it.  The child that I was on my way to do therapy with is no longer on this earth, she did not make it through the devastation of the earthquake.  I am so devastated for those people.  I miss Haiti and I love Haiti.  I continue to pray for all that are in Haiti.  So, today, I thank God that He does answer prayers and I am reminded to never cease praying.  I will continue to pray.  And I believe, He will continue to answer!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

H E A L T H

Overwhelmed with gratitude!

Processing adoption!