It's beginning to look alot like Christmas......

And we are loving it!!!!! Granted, there is no snow here in Los Angeles, but our house is decorated, the kids are wearing their santa hats, stores everywhere have things up, houses are lit up with lights, radio stations are playing Christmas music, and this little family is just so excited to spend Christmas in MI with the family!!!!!! Every day I am thankful for every minute I get with my children! They amaze me! I love love love watching their eyes gleam with all the newness of the States and with all that they are learning and experiencing! I'm so blessed by them!
There's really nothing interesting to report, just weeks full of school, homework, family time, gymnastics time, ballet time, house cleaning, bike rides, park, hangin' out with friends and somewhere in there we all sleep! Both kids are doing well in school. Jaryse is having issues with runny noses and coughing, they come and go and come and go! There is no other real symptom, just a little cough. Dr. Ed told me that they'd get sick because they hadn't been exposed to the things here in the States. I was prepared. But, they didn't seem to be getting sick, up until just the last month. Jaryse actually had his first ever ear infection a few weeks ago. It was quite painful, but he was such a trooper. He had some drainage out of his ear for a couple days, and then the first morning that there wasn't he got out of bed and came up to me and told me "Momma, my ear didn't drool last night!" It was too cute!! He healed up nicely from his ear infection and seems to be on the mend from his latest cold.


Ecrissa is doing well. She didn't get the ear infection and hasn't really even gotten a cold! She's a strong kid that little Miss E!!!! She is learning so much and is really beginning to interact and tell stories in ASL and is able to more and more interact with the world around her! It's so fun. Of course, along with that comes a bit of testing! Throughout our time together, with each major growth spurt and milestone, Ecrissa tests her limits and boundaries! She can be a hand full. She is sorta in another testing phase right now. I think because her language has exploded and she has learned so much about herself, the world around her and how to communicate, she has decided to just see exactly what that all means for her boundaries! It's hard on me, but I try to remember, that these really are positive steps for her as she learns and grows. And, as long as I stay strong and loving, it is good for her and I as well. She learns through each one of her phases that Momma is strong and consistent and loves her no matter what! This is really what she wants and what she desperately needs. To know that I love her enough to maintain appropriate boundaries consistently! She is a happy and fun loving little girl that is such a joy to me.....even during hard times!!!! :) Watching her grow and learn through these times of testing is really quite amazing. Sometimes distressing, but always amazing!





I am loving my life. I'm fully exhausted by the end of each and every day, but I wouldn't change my life for the World! Thank you Jesus for blessing me with this life. The ups, the downs, the laughter, the tears, and all the positives and the negatives. It is such a wonderful life!



Comments

Rose Anne said…
Cheri Kay,
They are soooo cute!
Just wait till they see the snow again!
Here in Mn we are getting a major snow storm i just heard on the news it wil probably be the biggest in the last 24 years...
Have a great Christmas with your family and friends!
God Bless,
Rose Anne

Popular posts from this blog

H E A L T H

Overwhelmed with gratitude!

Processing adoption!