Christmas for a week!!!!!!

This past week has been crazy--But AWESOME! The kids and I got to go to Michigan for the first Christmas EVER that the kids have had with the family and my first in 4 years! It was so nice to be home, see snow (although I am not a fan of it!), and to finally introduce my babies to the family traditions that I've known for most of my life! What a gift!

The trip home was interesting! On the first flight, the kids got to go sit in the cockpit of the plane! They loved it! The pilots gave them wings and even let them touch buttons! Jaryse thought that was REALLY fun!

They travelled so well! They are such troopers! We had 3 flights scheduled for our trip to Michigan, 2 layovers! We first flew from LA to Denver, and everything was nice and smooth! The trip from Denver to Chicago was also easy, until we landed in Chicago. When we de-boarded, we were told that our flight to Lansing was CANCELLED! UGH! They told me that they cold put us on stand-by for the rest of the evening and all of the next day! OH my gosh, hanging out in the airport for 2 days---don't think so! My dad, the gem that he is, jumped in the car and drove 4 hours to come to pick us up! We hung in the airport for the 3.5 hours it took for him and my step-mom to get there! Again, the kids were AWESOME! We ate dinner, had some ice cream and then I took them down to the baggage claim area and just let them run around. They were so good. At one point, they were playing around and being silly, and Ecrissa was running away from me and Jaryse, and she ran right into the MENS bathroom! It was sorta funny, but I was a bit nervous as I had to go into the MENS bathroom to go get her!!!!!!! Always keeping me on my toes!



We finally made it to my Dad's house at 5:30 in the morning! We were all very tired! The next day I felt like I was sleep walking! We visited my Grandma and my Mom for a while and then returned to my Dad's house to decorate Christmas cookies with all of the cousins! So Fun!


The next night was the traditional Christmas Eve gathering at my grandma and grandpa's place! This night has been my childhood favorite night of the entire year! I have so many good memories of Christmas Eve and I have dreamt for years of sharing this with my children! It was almost surreal that it finally happened!


The kids got so many gifts from so many different people! We were all so blessed with so many gifts, so much love and a ton of attention!
Then, my Dad, step-mom, Aunt Ginger, Grandma, Grandpa, myself and my two kids all went to the movies! This was the kids' first experience with the movie theatre! They thought it was pretty awesome!





This outfit was one that Grandpa and Grandma Sessions got for Jaryse! Isn't he Handsome?!!!!



The kids also got to play in the snow a TON! They went snowmobiling (around the house) with Grandma and Grandpa Packer!







Sledding with Grandpa Sessions




And they learned out to shovel a driveway as well!!!!!!
Overall, this was such a wonderful, crazy, and exhausting week! I am so blessed by my family!
Our trip home was smooth sailing! The kids were awesome and we made all our flights and we landed in LA early! I had awesome friends that picked us up and fed us dinner! Wow! Life is so good!








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

H E A L T H

Overwhelmed with gratitude!

Processing adoption!