OOPS! Catching up on the blog!!!

I could have sworn that I just updated this thing, but apparently over a week has gone by!!!!! This past week was crazy busy and was filled with at LEAST one appt. for Ecrissa each day! Needless to say we had a productive week and I felt good Friday night as I was getting into bed, feeling completely exhausted, but so thankful to the Lord for working everything out and totally having His hand in our lives! She had her CT scan (which is part of the preliminary evaluation for the cochlear implant) in which she was a super star!!! She mostly held still, until the very end, and the technician did not think it'd be a big deal and that the scan would adequately show what they needed to see. We still need to complete a few more things before being able to make any final decisions regarding the implant. The IEP went well, and I am hopeful for a productive and educational school year! Her medical/nursing evaluation showed that she has grown 2.5 inches since we've come home from Haiti, that is almost an inch a month! Call me crazy, but I think that is ALOT!!!!!

These are pictures of Ecrissa in her ballet outfit!! She loves ballet!!! There is a group that we've joined that is a ballet group for kids with special needs and they've given Ecrissa a scholarship from the financial obligation. I am so thrilled and delighted that she gets to be a part of this and she has a BLAST!!!! She is so happy and the teachers say that she does a great job! It's hard for me to watch, cause she doesn't pay attention to the teachers but to me when I'm there, so Jaryse and I take a walk together and have some Mommy/Son time while Ecrissa dances her little heart out!!!

My kids have had fun taking pictures this week! It's been quite comical the pictures that I've gotten! I have many of the inside of Jaryse's nose, the floor, the ceiling and even inside the toilet! LOL! The following 6 pictures were taken by my little ones! I'm never sure whose pic is whose, since they really are very good at taking turns, and I'm being serious here, they take turns posing and they really do a good job of sharing the camera!

This is the entrance to the school where they both will attend in the fall (and Ecrissa this upcoming July for summer classes). It is a school for the deaf, however they have kindergarten through 5th grade for hearing siblings. The siblings are taught by a hearing teacher in a hearing environment, however Sign Language is incorporated in the school day. I am thinking that this should be a good thing for both of my kids. I am looking forward to the school year and praying for lots of great learning to occur!


This is me working on the enrollment packet for them to enroll in this school, there are lots of pics of me doing this!! :)


More of the school :)


Mommy on the phone....................and Mommy doing hair! I am always amazed at how many pictures that they manage to get of me! LOL, I am hoping it's because they love me and not because they are trying to embarrass me!!!!!!

We are looking forward to a busy week this week too! The gymnastics program that I am working for is having camp in the mornings for the upcoming 2 weeks. I am working the camp Tues. and Thurs. and the kids are enrolled for Mon., Wed., Fri (again scholarships, as I can't afford it at this time, but see how God works everything out! He's amazing!!!) I am so excited for the kids to have some awesome experiences this week and for mommy to have some kid free time! I am a bit nervous, as I am ALWAYS with my kids and I hate missing the fun and exciting things in their lives, however, I know it's good for them and I know it'll be good for me too! I am looking forward to hearing the stories and hearing how much fun they have this week! It'll be a packed week, and hopefully some early nights to bed and deep sleeps all the way through the night for all three of us!!!! :)







Comments

Manda said…
Heh! I have a lot of these types of photos on my phone too ... coincidence?? :)

Popular posts from this blog

H E A L T H

Overwhelmed with gratitude!

Processing adoption!