Washing the car and more car stories!

OK, so I have been trying for 2 days to update this blog, and our internet service has been so bad that I haven't been successful!!!!! So, I am really sorry that there are no pictures. We can just blame it on Haiti!!! LOL!!!!

After all these storms, the roads have been pretty muddy! I have been putting off washing the car, because the roads are so muddy and it has rained some since the major hurricanes. Well, yesterday, I couldn't take it anymore! I needed my car washed. So, the kids and I decided to wash the car. Silly mom didn't make the kids change, thinking 'well, they won't make that big of a mess'---UH, DUH, how long have you had these two?????? LOL! So, slowly, they were stripped down, first just the shirt and then eventually all the way to undies!!! LOL!!!!



They were great little helpers! And then, just as we finished washing the car-----YES, it started to rain!!!!!!!! Never fear though, the car was in the carport!!!!!!! So, I finished cleaning out the inside of the car while the kids ran around in the rain in their undies!!!!!

To finish the car stories, the next morning, as I was pulling out of the driveway something on the right driver's side wheel broke. If I were any sort of mechanical type of person, I would tell you exactly what it was, but since I am not---you'll just have to take my word for it---SOMETHING BROKE!

I called a friend of mine that is a mechanic here, I actually do therapy for his little boy that has cerebral palsy, and he came and helped me get the car to the garage so he could fix it. I needed to of course buy the part, but I didn't have any transportation, so he took me on his motorcycle downtown to the parts store. May I just add to that visual of me on the back of the motorcycle, that I had a JEAN skirt on!!!!!!! Oh well, we spent over an hour trying to get the right part and then rode back to the garage on the motorbike with the part bunji corded to the back of the motorcycle! After about 2 hours, he had my car all put back together and I was on my way to teach my class-AND made it on time!!!!!

Kurt, the guy who fixed my car, said tongue and cheek, the problem is that you washed the car!!!!! LOL!!!!

Well, that is just a glimpse of the last couple of days. Hopefully the internet will first let me post this one and let me post some more later this week!!!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
LOL! The vision of you on the back of a motorcycle in a jean skirt with an auto part bungeed to the bike, was priceless!! Hope you were able to get everything fixed.

Kimmy
Anonymous said…
ahhahaha! i miss you!
-mia

Popular posts from this blog

H E A L T H

Overwhelmed with gratitude!

Processing adoption!