Hurricane Hanna, and I think Ike and maybe even one with a "J" name!

It is amazing to me that I have internet when it is pouring down rain and very windy outside! It appears (and by the weather outside, it seems quite obvious) that Haiti is in the path of yet another hurricane. The kids and I are safe, though I am feeling a bit chilly---which I HATE being cold, that's why Haiti suits me just fine! We came straight home from school today and relaxed together in the house and prayed that Haiti will be spared the eye of this storm. From friends of mine and other acquiantences, I have learned that northern Haiti and southern Haiti are under water. Many people have lost lives, homes, and belongings. We are fortunate in that as of right now, we have not had any significant damage or losses near us. The worst that I am personally dealing with is being cold (ok, chilly, but close enough!) and with all this extra rain the mosquito's are out in FULL FORCE!!!! YIKES. Please pray that we do NOT get eaten alive by these little things and even more that none of us end up with Malaria, or worse, Dengue Fever.

We thank you for your continued prayers. I can feel the Lord wrapping Himself around me and giving me His peace. I am still sad and confused and dealing with some hard things, but at the same time, I have the peace of the Lord and I feel that I am in His grip, safe and sound. Thank you all for loving and supporting us.

Sincerely,
Cheri Kay and the munchkins

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love you!!!
Nicky said…
So happy that you are safe and feeling positive. Jen Nye, Dan, Brian and I had dinner last night and we were thinking of you and hoping you were staying strong. Of course you are. :)

Popular posts from this blog

H E A L T H

Overwhelmed with gratitude!

Processing adoption!