Weekend in Jacmel!

This weekend we drove to Jacmel with my friend Kim (and another friend Pam, but she stayed with some other friends) and we stayed with our friend Michelle. We got down to Jacmel late on Friday night and visited my friend Danny and his orphanage, did some catching up with friends, played with Jabez a bit and Bethena too! Now, Bethena's name has been changed to Natalie! So, only to confuse all of you, when I talk about doing therapy with Natalie, I am talking about the Bethena that I have been talking about for the past few months! Just to keep things interesting you know!!! On Saturday I did therapy with Jabez and had a wonderful session with him. He is doing well and making progress. I spent time teaching his mom some new exercises and one of the older girls in the orphanage that spends alot of time playing with him some things to do to help Jabez move forward in his development. I tried to do some therapy with Natalie too, but she was not feeling well and really wasn't up for it. So, Kim and my kids and I did some touring around the little town of Jacmel. It is such a quaint little place with so much character!

On Sunday morning I took the kids to the beach and they had a blast! They ran and played in the water and played in the sand too! At one point Jaryse looked up at me and said "I am so happy, thank you momma". I can't tell you what that did for my heart! I am so thrilled that I can find ways to bring joy to the heart of this child! After the beach, we cleaned up and went to the home of the family that is caring for Natalie and had a wonderful therapy session with Natalie, the family, and Larry (the missionary that is funding her care and who is fully in love with this child!!!) Natalie is also making improvements and it was wonderful how receptive the family and Larry are to the ideas for therapy. I can tell that they are doing the exercises that I have given to them. I look forward to seeing them again in a month or so.


This is Jaryse showing his muscles at the beach!!!!

This video gets a bit of the kids playing in the water, but it also shows Ecrissa running! I am so pleased at her physical, emotional, social and cognitive development! She just amazes me!!!!


(mine are the two little ones in the middle of the picture, not the bigger girl off to the left! Ecrissa is not the big yet!!!!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

H E A L T H

Overwhelmed with gratitude!

Processing adoption!