My friend Kim!

I was lucky enough to meet Kim on the 4th of July! She was working at an orphanage up the mountain and came to have dinner at our house! We immediately had a great conversation and hit it off. I didn't see her too much after that, until we both started working at the school. She is an English teacher and is amazing. She still does some work at orphanages too and has a huge herat. She took me to another orphanage way way way up the mountain and introduced me to Emmanuel. This little boy has mainly physical disabilities and has a very difficult time walking. I had such a good time doing therapy with him. I am going to try to get some shoes and braces for his legs. Unfortunately it takes a long time to get to the orphanage, or I'd do more consistent therapy with him. But, we will try to get some shoes and inserts to him in the next couple of weeks. I worked with his nanny and gave him some exercises to do, we'll see if they are getting done!!!

Emmanuel lives in this orphanage and has other kids around him, although, he is rarely included in any activities. I worked with another little boy who has some mental disabilities, helping them to learn to play together. They had a wonderful time and I am hoping that the activity encourages them to interact a bit more together. I plan on doing some more of that when we go back up there.
Kim went with me to Jacmel and we had an awesome time! She was a wonderful companion on the long drive and we had a blast hiking up to Bassin Bleu.


Kim was amazing with little Bethena too! Bethena LOVED Kim and her eyes lit up everytime Kim walked near her. I have gotten an update on Bethena, apparently she is doing wonderful. The American Missionary that took her in has found a Haitian nanny to help him care for her. She is being well cared for, the nanny now has a job and they are all moving forward! Our trip to Jacmel was successful in so many different ways! Thanks so much for all of your love and support!





Comments

Anonymous said…
your heaven goodfield nice wanth inglobe....
http://aazun.blogspot.com/
http://seletun.blogspot.com/
http://seletuls.blogspot.com/

Popular posts from this blog

H E A L T H

Overwhelmed with gratitude!

Processing adoption!