update on Emmanuel


It has been a while now, but I had introduced you to Emmanuel as one of the children that I see here in Haiti. I have known this little guy for a year and a half now and he has been fairly consistent in receiving therapy from me. He has bilateral clubbed feet and we at one time were hoping to get a medical visa for him to go to the States for surgery. The initial attempt at that fell through because of the inability of the group that would sponsor his trip to find a hospital to donate the services. There is another group looking into helping him right now, so will you please pray with me for a successful attempt this time!? Anyway, I had mentioned that I would like to obtain a walker for him to learn to "ambulate" with. Well, we got one!!! He has been using it now in therapy for about 3 weeks. He is doing a pretty good job. Emmanuel is almost 7 and has never had the opportunity to move in the upright position so his trunk and upper body strength is pretty weak and this activity is very difficult for him. But, he is working very hard and he really enjoys walking with the walker. I told him that once he is able to walk by himself--SAFELY, then he can take the walker home with him. He is working very hard to be able to do this! He is able to stand up and sit down safely all by himself and is making progress each session in his strength and control. This is the fun part for me--seeing a little guy make progress and gain some independent mobility!!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

H E A L T H

Overwhelmed with gratitude!

Processing adoption!