First day of School!!!!


Well, there have been some changes that have happened in our lives here in Haiti in the last week. All of which are good!!!!! Well, except that we haven't moved forward in the adoption world! Anyway, the local American Christian school here in Port au Prince, Quisqueya Christian School, needed a school nurse. With my athletic training background and the experience that I have had with local medical clinics and my specialty in pediatrics, I kinda fit the bill! So, they offered me a position as the school nurse and I accepted! I will be working at Quisqueya for a small subsidy that will help support us while we stay here in Haiti. It is fun for me because I do get to use my skills on a more consistent basis. I will continue to see my other therapy kids on the weekends.
The other cool part about taking this job is that Ecrissa is getting the opportunity to "audit" Pre-Kindergarten. This school is definitely not a school for children with special needs, but they are willing to let her be a part of the class and the teacher is excited about incorporating sign language into her classroom. Ecrissa will not necessarily get any type of credit, but I am sure that she will learn a lot by being with peers her own age. This teacher is wonderful and in 3 days has already learned about 10 signs that she is consistent in using with her class! She said that the other kids in her class have started to use them already too!!! I do hope that eventually we can get Ecrissa the cochlear implant or we will need to find a special school or a one on one aide for her in school, but for now, I am excited about her opportunity to get to begin to learn concepts such as waiting in line, obeying the teacher, and following directions from someone other than her mommy! She is still young and I jump at any chance there is to add any type of educational component to her life! Because I work at the school, I get most of the fees waived which is the only reason that I can afford to allow her to even go to school. This should cost about $4000.00 for the school year for her to attend Pre-K, but because of my subsidy, it is costing about $300.00. Will you join me in Prayer for the continued support and funds to allow me to pay this fee to allow Ecrissa to continue her schooling her at Quisqueya Christian School?

Jaryse is doing well too. There is a family that I am friends with that actually live on the school campus in one of the apartments, they are The Blesh's. They have just moved to Haiti and Denise has agreed to keep Jaryse with her during the school day. This is wonderful because Jaryse gets to ride to work/school with mommy and Ecrissa and he gets to come visit me and various times during the day and I see him at lunch. It is nice to know that I am close to him! He is doing well and enjoys being with Mrs. Denise all day!

These new changes have caused me to be in desperate need of an independent means of transportation (aka, my own car!!! LOL)! I am really praying about finding a car here in Haiti that I can purchase. It will make getting to and from work/school much easier and less demanding on my wonderful friends here in Haiti. Will you please join me in prayer for a reliable car and the funds in which to purchase one!
We are excited about how God is providing for each one of the small Sessions crew here in Port au Prince! We thank you as well for your continued prayer and support! We are blessed!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

H E A L T H

Overwhelmed with gratitude!

Processing adoption!