The wonderful world of Haiti......

and it' s political offices! So, I am still struggling to get the passports for my 2 children. In Haiti, even what seems like should be a small and easy step, can often times end up a torturous battle of will and faith. I am currently in one of those spots right now. We are ready for passports to bring my little ones home, however the office in one of the "big time" government branches is really giving families a hard time. I have gone into this office now 3 days in a row waiting all day long to talk to an official and when I do, I am told some run-around story and have to continue to wait. But, while I sit there for hours, I get to really get a look at Haitian government offices. In the states, government offices are typically very nice. Marble floors, well organized, computers, filing cabinets, you know all the things that make us American right!!!!??? Well, as I was sitting and waiting for this official, I noticed a few fun things about this office. First, the office is made with paneling that looks like if you touch it, it may fall--Beware! Watch out for not only potentially falling walls, but also electrical wiring that is rigged on the OUTSIDE of the walls, and goes from room to room to ensure some sort of electricity in each room of the building. Then, there is not only a sleeping man in a chair that happens to be behind an old worn out wooden desk, but there are 4 guys just sitting around doing nothing. There are 3 more wooden desks with nothing on them other than the 3 layers of dust and the elbows of the half sleeping man sitting behind them. Then, there are 4 filing cabinets in the corner, all with piles and piles of papers on top of them. The papers are literally stacked on top of each other - and not nicely may I add. At one point, a man walked by the filing cabinets and I was worried that if he bumped it, then all of those papers would come crashing to the floor. I then found myself praying that my papers for the kids' passports were not lost in that pile of papers! The one computer that happens to be in the office is playing the most popular Haitian Kompa music, I am guessing this computer is of little use, since there is no printer and nothing else that resides on the desk that this computer calls home. As I am sitting there, taking in all of this very official government environment, we lost power. Oh, the country of Haiti! And, so, do I really wonder (as I sit in complete darkness) why I have waited so long for this adoption to be completed!!!!!!????? Do you wonder??? I am now fully amazed that my adoption has made it this far and that any adoption (or any other important business) is completed in this country at all. I continue to pray for God's Will to be done and that the official in this office will sign for the passports as soon as possible. Please pray with me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

H E A L T H

Overwhelmed with gratitude!

Processing adoption!