Weekend in Jacmel

What a wonderful city Jacmel is and a beautiful country Haiti is! I am so blessed to get to serve the people of this country. This past weekend I had the opportunity to return to the southern part of the country to the city of Jacmel. This time, however, instead of flying down there, we drove. It was a gorgeous drive through the mountains and through numerous little villages. It always amazes me where people decide to live and how they make their lives in what seems like the middle of no-where to me! I was able to do a few follow-up treatments with the family with the little boy by the name of Jabez. This is the little boy with Cerebral Palsy that I told you about a few months ago. He is doing great. He is putting on weight, interacting in his environment, beginning to reach a little with his right hand, and beginning to sit by himself. His mom is doing a wonderful job with the exercises that I gave them on my last visit and she was very excited about the new exercises that I showed her this time. I was also blessed to help with a mobile medical clinic there. It was fun for me because I met some really fun people from the New York area who are Haitian Americans that returned to their home land with this mission team to help the people of their country! They were fun and we had a great time! Then at the end of it all, we drove back to Port-au-Prince through the same majestic mountains and amazing small villages. The more I see of this country the more I am amazed!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

H E A L T H

Overwhelmed with gratitude!

Processing adoption!