My friends are here!

I am excited to tell you that my friend Nicky (an Occupational Therapist) and her brother Chris (a mechanic, handyman, babysitter, etc!) have made it here safely. They will be here in Haiti until December 26th and celebrate Christmas here with me. I am excited about this, because this is my first Christmas away from my family! Anyway, yesterday we went into the ravine and were a part of the medical team that serves the impoverished children of that area. It was definitely an eye opening experience for Nicky and her brother. Nicky said that she had seen the pictures and thought that she was prepared for what she was about to experience, but she said that there is nothing like the real thing. The smells, the sounds, and the feelings just can't be captured in a picture. We then went and evaluated a couple of baby boys at a nearby orphanage and had a great time doing some therapy! I'll do my best to keep you all posted on the fun of their visit!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

H E A L T H

Overwhelmed with gratitude!

Processing adoption!