Meet Marcline! She is a 4 year old little girl that I met about 2 months ago. When I met her, she was not only not walking on her own, she wasn't even able to stand! Her parents are wonderful and they love her dearly. They travel 2.5 hours by tap tap (Haiti's version of the bus and/or taxi system) to come to see me. They have tried to get help for Marcline at many different hospitals and clinics and they are repeatedly told that Marcline will never walk and help is subsequently denied. I began working with her and taught her parents exercises to do at their home. They do the exercises every day--and guess what???? Marcline is now standing while holding onto furniture, walking around the furniture while holding on (what us therapists call cruising) and walking with 2 hands held!!! Her parents are absolutely delighted as is her therapist!!!!! We are continuing therapy with this little girl and I am hoping to help them get some braces for her feet. I believe that this little girl WILL walk some day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

H E A L T H

Overwhelmed with gratitude!

Processing adoption!