Back at it!!!!

I can't just sit for too long!!!!I love working with the people of this country and was anxious to get back out there today! I went back into the ravine with Dr. Ed to help with medical care and assist with minor surgeries. We had a good day. Last week there were many sick kids, all who have made great improvements and are healing. This week was mostly following-up with those little sick ones, with few new sick ones. Then we went over to the Coram Deo school where I see a little boy who was severely burned as an infant and is now suffering from contractures of the skin on the left side of his body. I am doing maintenance therapy with him to maintain his range of motion so that after his teenage growth spurt, the surgeon can release the skin contractures. He is 5 now and his health is good with good range in most joints. It is always a bummer to watch a child here, that would have had plastic surgery multiple times by now in the states, have to wait for ONE optimal surgery, because all the little surgeries that gain cosmetic affects just arent' available. Keeps me in check with my own wants and desires for my life. I am often reminded how lucky I am to have my health and the little that I do have. I am truly thankful for that this holiday season!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

H E A L T H

Overwhelmed with gratitude!

Processing adoption!