All I want for Christmas is..............

MY TWO FRONT TEETH!!!!!! Yep, little man is losing teeth left and right!!!! He looks so cute with both top teeth gone!!!!!

We have had a busy yet AWESOME month! The kids are doing awesome! School is going so great and both kids are advancing and learning faster and more than I ever knew they would! Of course, I sorta had it in my head that they would always be my BABIES!!!!!! WHY OH WHY WOULD THEY NEED TO LEARN TO DO ALL THIS STUFF BY THEMSELVES, THEY WILL ALWAYS NEED ME RIGHT????!!!!! Just kidding! I knew that my kids would grow and develop and become the awesome 6 and 7 year olds that they are and I know that they will continue to grow and become awesome adults too!

We decorated Thanksgiving sugar cookies and had a blast!!!! We made all sorts of funny colors and had purple turkeys and yellow pilgrims and blue pumpkins! It was tons of fun!!!



Ecrissa has had a sorta rough week this week, choosing to be a bit defiant, but I've learned with her that when she goes through these rough patches, we are going to see some AWESOME developmental skills come out of it! She is already learned so much this school year and is now communicating in full sentences and full stories with her sign language. She is not just using one sign to communicate (for example "more", or "all done" or "spider"). Now she is saying, I want more, I am all done with coloring, I went to the haunted house and saw a spider, it scared me and I ducked! Yes, she says all of that in sign language!!!!!! IT"S AWESOME!!!!! She is even starting to use her voice more and more! She responds to her name about 95% of the time now! I think the other 5% is pretending she didn't hear me!!!! :) She also has learned that a dog barks. If I ask her "what does a dog say?" She will use her voice and bark!!!! She is starting to "moo" when I ask her what a cow says too, but she's not as consistent with that yet! So exciting to see her grow and mature and learn!

My crazy munchkins LOVE the snow!!!! I, on the other hand, was not thrilled to be welcomed into December with a snow storm and about an inch of snow!!!! Oh well, I am sure I'll live through it!

On November 1st, the kids started their first extra curricular activities here in Michigan. Ecrissa has joined a dance group called Hearts In Step. It is a christian dance studio and it's awesome! She does not have an interpreter with her and so she is having to use her lip reading, the hearing that she does have and understands and her ability to follow others to learn! She is doing great, the other girls in the class love her and they are all learning a few signs here and there. So far, it's been a wonderful experience and my little ballerina is happy to be back in dance class. Jaryse has begun Karate! Let me tell you, this is SO SO SO SO cute!!!! He is doing so well and I can already see improvements after only his first month of classes! He loves it!
Well, we have our tree up, we have fires in our fire place every day, have been enjoying some hot chocolate and just enjoying our new busy lives here in Michigan! Family time has been awesome and we just have so much to be thankful for! I am daily reminded of God's love for me through this amazing life journey that he has blessed me with.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

H E A L T H

Overwhelmed with gratitude!

Processing adoption!