Awesome Awesome Awesome!

This was an awesome weekend! We started it by Friday when I picked up the kids getting a great report from both teachers! Ecrissa's teacher assistant told me that she is doing an AWESOME job and behaved great for the substitute and is really doing a good job in class! That is MUSIC to my ears!!!! Jaryse's teacher told me that he behaved (which, believe it or not has been a bit of a struggle for him lately!) and worked very hard in class! He is reading well and his writing and math is improving daily! YAY YAY YAY!!!! Happy Momma!

So, that Happy Momma decided to take full advantage of National Donut Day! Yes, Friday was National Donut Day and so we got our free glazed donuts from Krispy Kreme!!! MMMMMMM MMMMM MMMMM!!!!!







Then we headed straight up the coast to camp Kramer Hess where we were so lucky to be a part of the 25th annual House Ear Institute Family Camp. This is a weekend camp for families who have a member who is deaf or hard of hearing! I LOVED this camp last year and I LOVED LOVED LOVED it this year! It is so awesome to hang out in a place where my little girl is completely accepted and fully understood! Where siblings know exactly what Jaryse is going through and parents are right there with me! They have awesome activities planned for the kids and great educational talks and activities for the parents!


We got to meet up with friends that we met last year! Jaryse was SO SUPER EXCITED when he saw Marin and her family walk in! The kids had a blast together!


The kids played in groups, did wall climbing, martial arts, painting, exploring, and even got to observe some of the sea life from the Aquarium of the Pacific in their mobile aquarium that they brought to the camp!





I met other mom's that are going through the same frustrations with school districts as me, the same issues when out in the community with their deaf child and the same sibling things that we deal with. I also met 2 other mom's whose deaf children are also adopted!
I learned a TON about different amplification devices and alerting devices for my home and school that can help Ecrissa. I was pleasantly surprised at some of the prices of these devices. I expected them to be super duper expensive, but they are really only a little expensive! Actually, they are very reasonably priced, lower than I ever expected. Now I am on a mission to try to find a way to earn/raise this money to purchase these things that can be so crucial to Ecrissa's success!
I am thankful for this camp and all of the families that I met this AWESOME weekend!
Thank you Lord for all of the blessings that you continually bestow on this tiny family!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

H E A L T H

Overwhelmed with gratitude!

Processing adoption!