The 12th

Today is PJ day! YAY! Today is also 15 months after coming home from Haiti, 5 months post Haiti earthquake and 4 months post turn on date for Ecrissa's Cochlear Implant and one week left of our first year of school in the U.S. Every day I am amazed. I'm amazed at how we are still adjusting. I have come to the conclusion that we will most likely always be in a state of transition and adjustment. As we grow and mature and learn we will also continue to learn to be a family, how to function in the world, and how to be 'comfortable' in our newness of each phase of life. This is so exciting to me, yet scary at the same time. Being comfortable sounds so wonderful. To reach a point where we are all safe, happy, healthy and comfortable sounds so awesome! But, that would mean hitting a plateau. The last thing I want is for any of us to remain exactly where we are today for the rest of our lives. I want my 7 year old to continue to learn to use her hearing, to learn to read and do math. I want my 5 year old to continue to learn to read, learn about science and grow to make healthy and wise decisions. Yet, with each step they take, they will stumble. Then, I have to learn to support them, guide them, and to be the Momma that they need at that particular moment. These are such important things in our lives. The unknown can be so scary and yet so exciting.

When I look at the faces of those two precious angels that the Lord entrusted to me, I'm terrified of making the wrong decisions. Yet, I know that He does not make mistakes. He gave them to me and I need to believe that He will guide me as I parent these kids. When I became a Christian and as I was signing the initial papers for my kids, I prayed that God would raise these kids with me. That He would be my partner in their lives. I know that He has not left me or them. He loves us and is here with us protecting, providing, and leading.

Today is one of those days of reflecting. Reflecting on all that has happened and anticipation for all that may. Thankful for all that we have.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

H E A L T H

Overwhelmed with gratitude!

Processing adoption!