A week late, but Easter was a wonderful day for us!

Last Sunday was a great day for us!  The three of us celebrated Easter together.  They had a blast with their little baskets, miniature egg hunt in our apartment and then a morning at the park with our church family.  It is quite a blessing.


I have really been overwhelmed the past couple of weeks with God's love for me.  It is sorta sinking in (and I say sorta because it's beyond the comprehension of my human brain) that God chose to love me.  He willingly created me, knowing what a failure I'd be, knowing the mistakes I'd make, and knowing how I would never deserve His love.  Yet, He created me anyway, and CHOSE to love me.  He loves me unconditionally now (knowing all of my past, present and future sins) and will always love me.  It sorta blows my mind, that His love for me is so strong that He loved me before I loved Him and before I asked for forgiveness.  I know this is true when I look into the beautiful faces that stare up at me every day.  I don't know why He blessed me with them and I DO NOT take them for granted.  I know that they are a gift to me.  Not some reward that I earned, but a gift from a loving father.   I know that I love them with all of my heart, knowing that they will not be perfect in their lives.  Knowing that they'll be "naughty", knowing that they'll sin.  I still love them now and forever.  The interesting thing is, that I don't know what they'll do that will be "naughty" but God knew/knows exactly what my failures are and still He loves me.  I can't imagine that anyone can love more than I love these 2 amazing children, but God says that His love is stronger......that blows me away.  I am so grateful that this love is available to me and so grateful that this is also true for my children.  That God loves them more than I could ever imagine.   You see why this is only "sorta" sinking in?  I don't have the ability to comprehend or the words to express the enormity of God's love.  For that too, I am grateful.

My prayer tonight is that all will accept and bask in the love of our Lord!

Comments

Manda said…
You blow me away with your insight!! Hope this week is just awesome and restful for you. Praying for you guys! xo Manda

Popular posts from this blog

H E A L T H

Overwhelmed with gratitude!

Processing adoption!