I created this blog while living in Haiti to keep friends and family updated while I was living there. Now, I share updates, stories and maybe even a few life lessons!
Just a sample of our celebration......
The kids and I had our family pics taken on our year anniversary of being home from Haiti. It was so fun! Here are a few of the pics!!!!
Wow!!!!! What a day!!!!! We (and I mean all three of us!!!! Wow, my kids are in the states!!!! What an amazing thing!) have arrived in MI and made it safely to my dad's house. It was a long day, but the kids did really well. They loved the airplane and Jaryse loved looking at "the city" as we flew over Miami last night. I held it all together until we landed in Miami and I heard the pilot or whoever say "welcome to Miami" at that point I cried. I couldn't believe I had actually made it to the USA with my two little munchkins. I had a smooth time through immigration both in Port au Prince and in Miami, and both flights went smoothly. I am so thankful to the Lord for protecting us through this whole ordeal and making these last few steps easier than the first few! I am still in a bit of shock, although, it might just be that I am FREEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZING. Maybe after I get used to the cold my brain and body will work a little more efficiently! I am so t...
But when it comes to killing a spider the size of the one above, I FAIL. I get the chills just looking at that picture. This is not a joke, this is the real spider that was in my house today. Ok , so the story goes like this. I was putting away some donated splints and braces and such when all of a sudden, I saw this spider. I jumped about a half a mile, but thought to myself, through the shaking and immediate sweating " ok , I can do this, I can kill this spider without freaking out". BIG FAT WRONG. As soon as I sprayed the silly thing with bug killer stuff, he went running and so did I. I was shaking like a leaf. I immediately called my neighbor who came over laughing at me. NOT FUNNY. This spider is HUGE. He proceeded to easily spray the thing to death and then chase me into my car with it all the while laughing at me. Don't you agree that this spider is HUGE??????? Yes, funny, NOT. I never want to see another one of these crazy things again. Ok , wel...
.......we were at the Embassy at 7am. We were all looking quite nice (if I do say so myself and I was amazed I got us all out of the house looking nice!!) I didn't eat breakfast, my stomach was in knots. I was jittery and excited and nervous, and amazed that this day has actually arrived, and well, I am not sure what else I was feeling. We got there, spoke with one person and she gave us our paper to take to the cashier to pay for the visa's. Yes, you have to pay the US government for the visa's that you are applying for BEFORE you know if they will be issued or not! Anyway, so we went to the cashier and she was very sweet. She asked Jaryse how he was doing and he said "I'm good, but, a bit of a disaster!!!!" I almost died laughing!!!! I don't remember saying that this morning, but maybe I did. OR, maybe he just looked at me this morning and decided that I was just a "bit of a disaster!" At any rate, it was cute! LOL! So, after paying ...
Comments
Amy
Amy, Miranda Mirsec did them for us. She's great. She's in Long Beach.