Praises and Prayers

Today has been, well, a day to say the least.  I am feeling so torn in so many directions emotionally.  Today is 10 months home from Haiti!  What a wonderful accomplishment!  Can you believe it!  Then, as I'm praising the Lord for that, I hear that there has been a HUGE earthquake in Port au Prince.  Huge, like greater than 7.0 with many after shocks, some greater than 5.0.  This breaks my heart.  This poor country has gone through so much and so many people are going to suffer and die because of this tragedy.  I'm heartbroken.  I prayed for people that I know, people that I don't and then I prayed and continue to pray that this earthquake will be the event that opens the eyes of the Haitian people to the Lord!  I pray that they will see HIS face in this and that they will turn their lives over to HIM!  This is my prayer. 

Please Lord, make this tragedy into something good as you have promised you can and will do!  Father, take this event and allow the people of Haiti to see your loving face.  Bring them to their knees in worship of you and only you!!!!!

I am feeling sick.  I am struggling with my allergies and my throat is sore and my nose and eyes are watery!  UGH!  It's tough with the momma is sick!  Then, as I was waiting to pull into a parking space today, a guy in a BIG HUGE truck, was not looking where he was going and backed right into me!  The kids and I are fine, but I had to call the insurance company and deal with that whole ordeal. Just sorta irritating, but I'm sure glad that it was nothing more than a dent in my car!  Also, the kids were so great during this!  They didn't make a peep. They sat and waited so patiently while I got the insurance information from the other guy and while I talked to the insurance company.  I am so amazed at how patient they were!

Along with all of that, tomorrow is Ecrissa's cochlear implant surgery!  I am so nervous!!!!  I am so excited!!!!!  I am just full of all sorts of emotions!!!!!!!!  I have waited since the day I found out she was deaf to have this surgery for her!  She sorta knows what's coming and she's telling everyone she sees that she'll be getting an implant.  I'm not so sure she understands the full extent of what this means for her little life, but she has some grasp that something big is happening.

We are all sitting here on the couch watching a movie and waiting for Grandma Sessions and Aunt Ginger to arrive.  I am so happy that I will have help for the next 10 days from 2 really great family members. God always provides.  I'm tired, but so grateful for all that the Lord has provided in my life,our safety, our health, my children and His love that is always there and always so strong holding me and getting my through it all!

If you think of it, please pray for the people of Haiti and my little Haitian Princess as she has her surgery tomorrow!

Comments

Grace Nehiley said…
Praying for your beautiful daughter! May God give wisdom and healing to the doctors and nurses so that Ecrissa can have a quick recovery. Praise the Lord for what he has done!!!

Popular posts from this blog

H E A L T H

Overwhelmed with gratitude!

Processing adoption!